Housing Tenancy Program Manager
Company: Abode Services
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Abode Services is contracting with Alameda County Healthcare
Services to administer Coordinated Entry and related services in
South, East, and Mid Alameda Counties. These services will include
street outreach, Housing Problem Solving services, Housing
Navigations services, and Housing Tenancy Care Services. Services
will be offered in the community and at Housing Resource Centers
(HRC). Housing Tenancy Program Manager will provide leadership and
supervise 6-12 Housing Tenancy Services Coordinators to provide
tenancy sustaining services. In addition, Program Manager will work
closely with regional health care partners linked with these
clients to meet their ongoing health care needs.
How You Meet the Qualifications:
- MA/MS degree in Psychology, Human Services, Social Work,
Sociology or related field required.
- Bilingual in Spanish or other language (Mandarin, Cantonese,
Vietnamese, Hindi) preferred.
- Lived experience with mental illness, homelessness, and/or
co-occurring disorders or experiences as a family member of someone
with lived experience preferred.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience providing program
coordination and staff supervision.
- Must have the ability to build strong collaborative
relationships with other non-profit, city, and county partners.
- Knowledge and ability to implement the following evidence-based
models; Psychosocial Rehabilitation, Harm Reduction, Housing First,
and Motivational Interviewing.
- Ability to build supportive and respectful working
relationships with participants and sensitivity to and
understanding of the special needs of the homeless.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong
organizational and time management skills.
- Understanding and practice of culturally sensitive components
of direct service delivery through open dialogs and
self-exploration with diverse group.
- Ability to effectively intervene in crisis situations using
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and
How You Make an Impact:
- Provide leadership and supervision necessary to coordinate
- Coordinate trainings, schedules, caseloads, vacations, 24-hour
rotation of emergency cell phone, etc. as part of administration of
- Provide support to staff when dealing with client crisis,
problem solve with managers on challenging participant situations,
and provide develop on-going housing stability interventions with
- Build collaborative relationships with property management and
on-site resident services staff. Advocate for participants housed
as various sites as needed.
- Supervise Housing Tenancy staff. Provide feedback, coaching
training, and disciplinary action as needed.
- Work with Housing Tenancy staff to ensure timely and accurate
data entry is occurring.
- Work with Data Specialist on reporting out to funders and
stakeholders on Housing Tenancy activities.
- Monitor Housing Tenancy contacts with participants to ensure
maximization of funding and program deliverables are met.
- Facilitate case conferencing and administrative meetings.
- Assist in developing materials, assessment tools, job
descriptions, and other program processes/documents/tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Health and
Notice: This description is to be used as a guide only. It does not
constitute a contract, commitment or promise of any kind. Abode
Services reserves the right to change, add, delete, upgrade or
downgrade the position as dictated by business necessity at anytime
with or without notice.
Abode Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free
Keywords: Abode Services, Oakland , Housing Tenancy Program Manager, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!