Principal, Sr. Consultant - Structured Cabling Engineering Manager
Posted on: September 14, 2019
TEECOM - the tech in architecture-- Advancing human performance.
Creating more sustainable buildings. Utilizing machine learning. If
these concepts intrigue you, you might be a perfect match for the
energetic, collaborative environment at TEECOM. We're a $25+
million/year consulting engineering firm that has grown at an
average rate of 20% per year for the past 22 years. We create
technology systems that deliver digital experiences at some of the
world's most innovative companies. We work hard in a fast-paced
professional environment that will challenge you to learn and grow,
and we also play hard through team lunches and philanthropic events
that foster camaraderie. TEECOM is one of the fastest-growing
companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and our staff has voted
TEECOM one of the Best Places to Work. Join us and make TEECOM even
better.Signs You are a Great Candidate
- You have previous experience managing, leading, and mentoring
high performing teams.
- You thrive in a collaborative, trustworthy, and flexible
- You have significant previous experience designing structured
cabling systems, coordinating pathways, spaces, and MEP systems
that support them.
- You have the flexibility to adapt to any challenge you are
- You have excellent communication and planning skills to
represent TEECOM in a highly professional, concise, yet friendly
manner on the phone, in person, and in writing.
- You have experience working on large scale projects (500,000+
sf) from a range of market sectors.
- You have experience using Bluebeam.
- You have experience managing and delivering to project budgets,
writing CSI format specifications, and a strong understanding of
the architectural design and the construction process.
- You are a self-starter.Essential Duties
- Manage the design, coordination, and engineering of structured
cabling systems in markets such as: Aviation, Healthcare, Higher
Education, and Workplace.
- Mentor team members in professional and personal development
and assign projects based on capability.
- Track decisions, budgets, and schedule for large scale projects
while translating the client's vision into reality.
- Lead the design of some of our largest and most complex
- Stay abreast of structured cabling industry trends in areas
such as new technologies, hardware, code compliance, and best
- Participate in proposal development and project interviews to
win new work.
- Develop client relationships and expand existing
- Bachelor's Degree required (preferably in Engineering).
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in an IT infrastructure design
and consultancy role.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience managing a team.
- RCDD certification
- PE desiredCompensation & Location
- Compensation is flexible depending on experience.
- TEECOM has excellent benefit packages to suit you and your
- Annual bonuses are based on performance.
- This role is located in Oakland, CA. TEECOM will provide
relocation assistance.Your level will be evaluated and determined
during the interview process. Please submit your resume and a cover
letter.We are interested in every qualified candidate who is
eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to
sponsor visas.NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that
TEECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or
employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee
Agreement, TEECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any
referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or
agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed
agreement, TEECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire
those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the
recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those
submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of
Keywords: TEECOM, Oakland , Principal, Sr. Consultant - Structured Cabling Engineering Manager, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!