IT Audit Director
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Performs a strategic assessment and management function within
Internal Audit. Responsible for assigned area's maintaining a
collaborative and consultative relationship with
- Develops the strategy and sets priorities for multiple practice
areas and regions, leveraging and engaging other members of the
team as necessary. Takes the lead role in driving practice
area/regional development based on risk assessment activities,
client interactions, and industry knowledge. Directs the on-going
risk assessment process.
- Identifies and leads continuous improvement efforts within
- Plays a lead role in the coordination of audit projects with
other audit and compliance functions to maximize efficiency and
coverage of key risk areas.
- Hires, develops, and manages an effective and diverse
- Plans, schedules and supervises assigned audit projects and
staff in accordance with the audit plan, project budgets, and
milestones. Reviews and approves project level risk assessments,
develops audit plan programs, reviews work papers, and
approves/prepares reports. Adheres to professional and IAS
- Minimum seven (7) years of professional auditing or comparable
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance or
information systems or related field, OR four (4) years of
experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- N/AAdditional Requirements:
- Same functional knowledge and skills as Manager, Internal Audit
with the addition of demonstrated experience integrating various
priorities, internal issues, and situation analyses into a cohesive
strategic approach to department management.Preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of supervisory experience to include
increasing levels of internal audit and project management
- Master's degree preferred.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)Additional Preferred
- In addition to an audit certification, a technical and/or
information security certification such as Certified Information
Security Manager (CISM) and/or Certified Information Systems
Security Professional (CISSP) is desirable.
- Excellent understanding of concepts related to information
systems audit, information security, general IT controls,
application controls, and technology risks.
- Proficient in conducting reviews of highly technical areas
including current/emerging/disruptive technologies (e.g.,
Agile/DevOps, Digital, Big Data, Internet of Things/Medical
Devices, Artificial Intelligence) and key layers of IT such as
networks, databases, cloud services and applications, data and
cyber security, operating systems, firewalls, third party risk,
- Extensive information security, cybersecurity and network
control audit knowledge.
- Experience with auditing large programs, transformations and
- Strong working knowledge of internal control, regulatory
compliance and industry frameworks (e.g., COBIT, NIST CSF & 800-53,
ISO27001, SOC, HITRUST, HIPAA, PCI, etc.).
- Strong understanding of internal control concepts and
experience evaluating and determining the adequacy of controls by
considering business and technology risks in an integrated
- Ability to articulate technology risks and business impact and
communicate effectively to various levels of management.
- Experience working with Cyber Security/Information Security,
Governance, Risk Management, Compliance, Information Technology,
and Legal/Privacy functions.
- Experience providing risk and control advisory services to
management to assist in initial design or redesign efforts that
improve the control environment.
- Can promote new ideas and new ways of executing projects to
gain efficiencies and effectiveness including use of
- Strong experience in managing audit project teams in a complex
operational and regulatory environment.Kaiser Permanente is an
equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.External
hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinances.COMPANY: KAISERTITLE: IT Audit DirectorLOCATION:
Oakland, CaliforniaREQNUMBER: 824206External hires must pass a
background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest
and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a
manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but
not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Oakland , IT Audit Director, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!