Manager of Internal Communications
Company: Calbright College
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The PositionCalbright seeks a Manager of Internal Communication to
develop, implement, and execute our internal communication strategy
and manage the delivery of company information to employees. In
this role, you'll partner closely with the People Team to engage,
inform, and inspire employees and ensure that they feel connected
to Calbright's mission, vision and values.
Your experience in journalism or public relations means you
understand how to modulate organizational voice to fit your
audience. Your words will represent who we are to employees; you'll
constantly be thinking about how to break down silos.
Position:Manager Internal Communications Requisition
No:19-00084Category: Salaried Exempt Supervisor: SVP External
AffairsLast Updated: October 2019Job Purpose:Support People &
Communications DivisionsLocation: ---Oakland, CATo be successful in
this position, you'll need:
- A bachelor's degree in mass communication, journalism, public
relations, or a related field.
- 6+ years experience as an internal communications manager, or
in a related profession.
- The ability to inculcate organizational values to a diverse and
geographically distributed group.
- To be a Slack superuser, with ideas on how to leverage tooling
to maximize comms goals.
- Experience developing comprehensive internal and human resource
communication plans (including executive
communications/speechwriting) that articulate clear objectives, key
messages, timelines, and success metrics
- Experience managing events for internal and external
- The ability to evaluate the impact and success of existing
communication channels and identify/manage new channels (e.g.
Intranet/WIki, All Hands Meetings, Slack, weekly emails, etc.)
- Exemplary writing and copy editing skills that require little
- A disciplined understanding of communications best practices,
i.e., the ability to take an audience's perspective, the ability to
create narrative arcs from disorganized information inputs,
aligning content with organizational goals.
- A willingness to be flexible within the communications division
and sensitive to the needs of fellow team members, with a
willingness to work cross functionally.
- The ability to manage a content calendar and deliver what's
expected on time.
- A collaborative, intellectually curious spirit that constantly
seeks out opportunities to learn something new.
- Wordsmithing ability, with a collaborative spirit and high
- To be an amazing listener, able to take feedback and apply it
in constructive ways.
Bonus points for having:
- Startup or education experience.
- Specific, innovative contributions to public sector
- An understanding of the California Community College
- Spanish language fluency.
- Photography and videography editing skills.
- An eye for graphic design and love of branding.
- A collaborative, self starting, can do attitudeThe fine
print:You'll be working in a well-lit, air conditioned indoor
office setting with adequate ventilation. There might be some
overnight travel by land or air (less than 20%). You'll also need
- Ability to work on a computer for periods up to four (4) hours
at a time
- Ability to speak on the phone for a total of up to three (3)
hours per day
- Ability to sit for up to three (3) hours without breaks at
- Ability to operate a personal vehicle for District business and
possess a current valid California driver's license and
- Ability to walk and stand for up to four (4) hours without
breaks at program site visits and meetings.Equal Employment
OpportunityCalbright College provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Calbright College complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Who We AreWe're here to connect the disconnected.Calbright College
is California's newest community college - the first statewide,
online campus designed to bridge the gap between employers with
unfilled positions and skills-hungry learners who don't have either
the time or money to attend a traditional school.
Our model identifies specific jobs in specific fields, deconstructs
them into the hard and soft skills necessary to perform with
excellence, then creates self-paced curriculum tailored to learner
needs. Those program pathways are then supplemented with real-world
services like mentorship, paid apprenticeships, and alumni support,
providing graduates with what they need to succeed in a new, living
wage and fully benefitted career.
We're a public sector startup.We're a high-velocity organization in
startup mode, rapidly standing up business infrastructure and
pressing the problem we're out to solve to key stakeholder
We're not your standard government entity; we need to move quickly
to fulfill our mandate and innovate where possible.
Keywords: Calbright College, Oakland , Manager of Internal Communications, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!