CN II - Ambulatory Infusion Nurse
Company: Alameda Health System
Posted on: February 16, 2020
SUMMARY: Under direction, Ambulatory Infusion Nurses perform
professional nursing duties for outpatient clinical areas
specializing in the administration of medications, fluids, and
blood products to patients through injections and infusions into
patients' veins. The nurse will treat and educate patients, their
families regarding various medical conditions; perform diagnostic
tests and analyze results; operate medical equipment; administer
treatment and medications; make assessments, create a plan of care
and evaluate; perform care coordination; provide lead direction to
other nursing and paraprofessional personnel and perform other
duties as assigned.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:NOTE:The following are the duties
performed by employees in this classification, however, employees
may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all
duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the
- Organizes, supervises, makes adjustments and accepts
responsibility for the quality of care provided patients and
families by co-workers for a given work period; responsibilityas a
team leader whenassigned.
2. Participates in the implementation of patient care standards,
infection control standards and quality assurance criteria; assist
with conducting studies; participates in unit and
4. Provides patient-centered care that is respectful of, and
responsive to, individual patient preferences, needs and values.
Provides and promotes excellence in customer service for both
internal and external customers.
5. Collaborates with patients and other healthcare providers to
deliver coordinated, high quality care
6. Performs nursing care following prescribed roles, policies,
protocols and procedures.
7. Administer medications (including chemotherapy), fluids, and
blood to patients through injections and infusion into patients'
8. Clinical skills include but are not limited to: vital signs,
maintain vascular access devises, Point of Care Testing and
9. Provides clinical support and direct care management including
patient education, goal setting, self-management teaching and
10. Provides care coordination of patient-centered care, based on
evidence-based guidelines; coordination based on patients' health
care needs and treatment recommendations to establish and maintain
a plan of care jointly created and managed by patient, family and
11. Performs accurate assessment of patient conditions and utilizes
guidelines to create an effective plan of care.
12. Administers medications, immunizations, performs medication
reconciliation. Titrates medications/manages refills per clinical
13. Coordinate schedules for treatment regimens and patient
14. Coordinate services with laboratory, pharmacy, radiology,
medical clinic and hem/onc clinic.
15. Critically evaluates and uses good judgment in unusual or
16. Ability to empathize with vulnerable populations and
Any combination of education and experience that would likely
provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as
possession of any required licenses or certifications is
Required Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered Nursing
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher.
Required Experience: Six months experience in a comparable area of
specialty with AHS or the equivalent of one year full time recent
experience at a comparable level in the area of specialty; (if
experience is not recent, completion of an approved refresher
course may be acceptable).
Required Licenses/Certifications:Valid license to practice as a
Registered Nurse in the State of California.
Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS - Basic Life Support
Certification issued by the American Heart Association.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Provide existing (or obtain new,
if needed) NPI number
Required Licenses/Certifications: Acquire and maintain chemotherapy
certification within three months of hire.
Keywords: Alameda Health System, Oakland , CN II - Ambulatory Infusion Nurse, Healthcare , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!