Nurse Manager Leader - Med Surg
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: January 8, 2021
- Manages 24-hour departments providing
patient care services. Ensures staff provide high quality,
accessible, cost effective care, and patient focused services to
members across the continuum, which comply with local, state, and
federal requirements. Develops and maintains clinical standards of
care and practice; responsible for all resource budgeting,
selection and development.Essential Responsibilities:
- Manages the operations of 24-hour departments that may be at
multiple locations. Ensures Assistants and staff provide the
highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nursing
Practice Act, The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local
- Establishes, implements, and maintains patient care and service
standards to meet members and internal clients expectations.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient
care results across the continuum of care.
- Develops and monitors budgets for the appropriate use of human
and material resources. Monitors financial performance and
identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve
quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and
develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain
the competency of all department staff. Ensures on going staff
development. Manages and resolves human resource, employee and
department safety, and risk management issues.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policy and
procedures which support the organizations goals and business
objectives and ensures they are met.
- Oversees and develops standards of care and standards of
practice, directs fiscal management, and quality improvement
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Minimum five (5) years of nursing experience in both patient
care and management/leadership roles required.
- Minimum four (4) years of previous supervisory experience
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.License,
- Current California RN license by date of hire.
- BLS certificate required.Additional Requirements:
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and
other local, state, federal regulations.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- BSN OR BA in health care related field strongly preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.#NCALRNPrimaryLocation :
California,Oakland,Oakland HospitalHoursPerWeek : 40Shift :
DayWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, FriWorkingHoursStart : 8:00
AMWorkingHoursEnd : 5:00 PMJob Schedule : Full-timeJob Type :
StandardEmployee Status : RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation :
NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union EmployeeJob Level : Manager with Direct
ReportsJob Category : Nursing LicensedDepartment : Nurse
Admin-Adult Svcs Mgmt - 9STravel : Yes, 5 % of the TimeKaiser
Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse
and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
status.External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and
state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but
not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Oakland , Nurse Manager Leader - Med Surg, Healthcare , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!