Advanced Practice Clinician, Division of Gynecologic Oncology
Company: Alameda Health Sytem
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Advanced Practice Clinician, Division of Gynecologic Oncology As
an Advanced Practice Clinician in the Division of Gynecologic
Oncology, you will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to our broader team of passionate women's health
experts in designating Alameda Health System as a leader in
equitable, just, high value gynecologic care.
- Improve, iterate, and innovate on our gynecologic oncology
services at AHS outpatient clinics.
- Make a significant contribution to transforming the delivery of
cancer care in a collaborative, supportive, team-based care setting
dedicated to serving vulnerable populations. Description: This is a
1.0 FTE that reports to the Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology and
will work very closely with our Gynecologic Oncology specialists.
--- Job Summary This is a critical clinical position responsible
for managing and facilitating the delivery of gynecologic oncology
services across our AHS sites. This role has an active clinical and
administrative role both on our incoming referrals, inpatients, and
outpatients within the gynecologic oncology service. We welcome an
individual who has an innovative, data-driven mindset and relies on
best practices to ensure the highest value care for patients.
Having a strong perspective on how a gynecologic oncology service
can better facilitate patient access, ensure all relevant studies
are gathered, run an effective Tumor Board, and provide
evidence-based care to patients are paramount to success in this
role. Familiarity with NCCN guidelines is a must. This role may
also be responsible for a new cervical cancer screening program to
reach out to patients due for pap smears, perform colposcopy, and
appropriately manage and refer dysplasia per ASCCP guidelines.
- Experience with electronic health records and standard PC
software applications; preferably Epic.
- 2 years in a practice management capacity facilitating
referrals, managing surgical schedules, ensuring collection of
relevant outside studies, communicating with patients about plans
- 5 years related experience in a gynecologic oncology practice,
both inpatient and outpatient clinical experience. Preferred
- Specific knowledge and interest in managing cervical dysplasia
as an adjunct to gynecologic oncology services.
- Prior experience practicing within a safety net health system.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of the process of group facilitation.
- Use independent judgment and initiative within established
policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization
- Role model AHS Standards of Behavior.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to empathize.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a
variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic and
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and
punctuation. Current office administrative practices and
- Act in an appropriate and professional manner as defined by the
company's Standards of Behavior, Policy and Procedures, and Scope
of Services. Job Roles
- Interested and eager to manage an adjacent outpatient program
for cervical cancer screening including patient outreach for paps;
performing colposcopy; and managing dysplasia follow-up.
- Comfortable with prior authorization process, writing routine
prescriptions, following up on refill requests.
- Runs Tumor Board to guide treatment planning for cases in
- Facilitates timely workup for gynecologic oncology patients who
require studies such as imaging including PET scans or
Interventional Radiology guided biopsies.
- Tracks and ensures gynecologic oncology surgical schedule is
being used to maximum capacity. Works alongside Department of
Obstetrics and Gynecology Surgery Scheduler to ensure gynecologic
oncology patients are prioritized for OR time.
- Staffs outpatient clinic for patients in surveillance, those
who need urgent appointments, preoperative history and physicals,
or postoperative complications.
- Capable of rounding on postoperative patients and managing
gynecologic oncology inpatient service with oversight from
- Guide patients through the process of initial intake, surgical
scheduling and preoperative process, postoperative care, and
- Works closely with our referral coordinator for gynecologic
oncology to ensure that patients are accessing care within target
time frames for cancer care.
- Manages e-consults for the gynecologic oncology service.
Answers basic questions and escalates more specialized questions to
either appointment scheduling or for our specialist physicians to
- Primary point of contact for all gynecologic oncology patients;
triages patient communications, facilitates referrals, ensures
patients can access appointments and surgery. Successful candidates
will demonstrate the following competencies critical to this role:
- Lifelong learning: Humble and curious in continuing to develop
as a team member.
- Collaboration: Maintains positive working relationships with
those around, from staff to providers, in a way that fosters
inspiration and trust.
- Flexibility: Embraces change, welcomes feedback, and engages in
debate towards attaining the best possible result.
- Data-driven: Unafraid to gather and use data to make
- Decisive: Comfortable with making informed decisions in light
- Mission-driven: Committed to access, equity, and justice as it
relates to providing excellent women's health care to the community
of patients that AHS serves. Not the right fit?
Join our Talent Network to opt-in to all our current and future
Keywords: Alameda Health Sytem, Oakland , Advanced Practice Clinician, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Healthcare , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!