Licensed Vocational Nurse -Outpatient Clinic, Per Diem, Days, 8hour shifts
Company: Alameda Health System
Posted on: November 19, 2021
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, provides vocational nursing
care to patients in the clinic; administers medications and
immunizations; provides treatments to patients; supports team-based
care delivery, assist medical personnel with procedures and
provides education to patients. Performs related duties as
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the
duties performed by employees in this classification, however,
employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level.
- Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each
individual in the classification.
1. - Performs patient care functions, within the scope of
competency, considering age related needs of the patient as
prescribed by physician/health care professional(s) following
established protocols, policies and procedures.
2. - Assists medical personnel with special procedures, minor
surgical procedure and/or diagnostic exams.
3. - Provides patient-centered care that is respectful of, and
responsive to, individual patient preferences, needs and values.
Provides and promotes excellence in customer service for both
internal and external customers.
4. - Collaborates with patients and other healthcare providers to
deliver coordinated, high quality care
5. - Prepares and administers medications. Determine immunizations
needed and give injections.
6. - Maintains current knowledge/certification/licensure per AHS
policy and pursues professional growth and development.
7. - Collects information, maintains up-to-date and accurate
documentation of nursing care provided, objective data (e.g. vital
signs), subjective information (e.g. patient history) to ensure the
integration of information for use by the healthcare team, to
ensure quality care.
8. - Teaches and counsels patients on a variety of health related
9. - Monitor patient flow and assign/direct other ancillary
personnel as needed. May supervise a small group medical
assistants. In the absence of a Registered Nurse, may have
responsibility for a shift in theclinic, under a licensed physician
10. Effectively utilizes population health methodologies such as
patient registry, inreach, outreach, care protocols and team-based
care to improve patient and population outcomes
11. Effectively performs structured patient assessments to improve
population health in a team-based care model.
12. Performs routine care and cleaning of patient care
13. Performs point of care testing and draws blood samples from
14. Keeps accurate patient records.
15. Responds effectively to emergency situations.
16. Reviews patient record to note condition of patients and
treatments; medications, history and procedures ordered by
17. Prepares and administers treatments underthe - supervision of a
physician or registered nurse; observes and reports any deviation
in patient 's condition from the normal to a physician or
19. May perform clerical duties or related duties as assigned.
20. Ability to empathize with vulnerable populations and
Education : Graduate of an accredited LVN program.
Minimum Experience : Graduate from a school of vocational nursing
within the last twelve months prior to hire date, or have had
recent vocational nursing refresher courses, or have had recent
related experience in an acute/outpatient setting (a combination of
education and experience acceptable).
Required Licenses/Certifications : BLS - Basic Life Support
Certification issued by the American Heart Association.
Required Licenses/Certifications : Valid license to practice as a
Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State of California.
Outpatient setting experience preferred
Highland General Hospital
HGH Clinic Peds
Services As Needed / Per Diem
Keywords: Alameda Health System, Oakland , Licensed Vocational Nurse -Outpatient Clinic, Per Diem, Days, 8hour shifts, Healthcare , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!