Physical Therapy Aide
Company: Alliance Physical Therapy Partners
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Job DescriptionPart-time Physical Therapy AideSOL Physical
Therapy- Oakland, CASchedule: FlexibleAlliance Physical Therapy
Partners is a national therapy provider, providing unmatched
treatment and care to patients across multiple service lines.
Alliance views every patient and employee interaction as an
opportunity to help that person reach their goals, and provides
world-class resources to assist all individuals in achieving those
goals. With a focus on personal and professional growth, Alliance
is seeking employees who have a vision for success.Job
SummaryFunctions under the general supervision of the Site Leader,
and under the direct supervision of Rehabilitation Services'
therapists, and therapist assistants. The Physical Therapy Aide is
responsible for preparing treatment areas, cleaning treatment
areas, obtainment of supplies, transporting, positioning and in
assisting patients/clients, therapists, and therapist assistants in
the completion of the therapy treatment plan. The technician may
also be assigned routine clerical support tasks in support of the
patient care process. These functions are performed in accordance
with facility, departmental, regulatory, and payor policies and
procedures and guidelines. The rehabilitation technician
participates in performance improvement and supports program
development activities, which includes providing input into the
budgetary planning process, contributing to cost effectiveness of
services, and maintaining positive relations with all customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides and supports patient/client care delivery in
accordance with established practice standards and
facility/departmental/regulatory/payor policies and procedures for
clinical setting and populations served.
- Transports patients/clients to and from Rehabilitation Services
- Prepares patient/client for treatment and assists professional
staff with patient/client treatments.
- Communicates with patients, families, significant others and
members of the health care team to promote maximum benefits from
- Obtains equipment, materials and supplies from storage areas or
appropriate department, and prepares them for use.
- Maintains therapy department(s) in a clean and orderly
- Performs routine clerical support tasks, which may include
reception, telephone, billing, ordering of supplies, and collection
of facility/department statistics.
- Provides an environment conducive to safety for
patients/clients, visitors and staff.
- Assesses the risks for safety and implements appropriate
- Complies with appropriate and approved security and safety
- Utilizes appropriate leadership skills in delegating,
organizing and educating coworkers and staff.Qualifications and
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior healthcare experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a
wide variety of people.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Powered
Keywords: Alliance Physical Therapy Partners, Oakland , Physical Therapy Aide, Healthcare , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!