Laboratory Assistant II
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Under the direction and oversight of the Laboratory Director and
Laboratory Manager, or designee, within the scope of Unlicensed
Laboratory Personnel as described in B&PC 1269, receives and
processes specimens, performs clerical tasks and performs
phlebotomy. May operate automated or semi-automated test equipment,
or plate and process microbiology specimens under the direct and
constant supervision of a licensed person, as authorized by the
California lab law.
- Draws blood from patients finger, heal, or vein, observing
principles of asepsis to obtain blood samples.
- Obtains the correct amount and type of specimen.
- Documents all requests and released results of lab work
- Informs physicians of released lab results.
- Completes appropriate routing, handling, and processing of
various medical specimens.
- Orders, distributes and stocks supplies as needed.
- Trains and reports on the work performance of other Laboratory
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:This job has no supervisory
- Compliance Accountability:
- High School Diploma/GED.License, Certification, Registration
- Phlebotomy Technician II Certificate (California) OR Phlebotomy
Technician I Certificate (California)Additional Requirements:
Ability to perform all Laboratory Assistant I duties.
- Must be able to perform all Laboratory Assistant I duties.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement.Preferred
PrimaryLocation : California,Oakland,Oakland Hospital
HoursPerWeek : 1
Shift : Day
Workdays : Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
WorkingHoursStart : 07:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Call-in/On-Call
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : A04-OPEIU-Local 29
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Laboratory
Department : Oakland Hospital - Pathology/Lab-Clinical Lab -
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Oakland , Laboratory Assistant II, Healthcare , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!