Assistant Nurse Mgr. - L&D
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Sign-On Bonus Eligible Position! Manages activities of the
unit(s), monitors quality, service and utilization standards.
Supervises the day to day shift activities. Essential
- Manages the units day to day clinical operations including
practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management,
and quality improvement. Ensures the highest quality of care is
provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and local
regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff
development. Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of
approximately 20 - 60+ employees.
- Monitors the allocation and utilization of personnel based on
continual changes in patient population/needs and provides the best
level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
- Supervises the daily unit operations, including human resources
management, department and employee safety programs, and risk
- Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and
assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the unit level.
Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care and
cost effective utilization of services.
- Works with health care providers outside of the unit, to
achieve optimal patient care across the continuum. Researches,
identifies, and implements best practice models of other units.
Investigates and resolves patient/family member concerns regarding
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
employees. Basic Qualifications: Experience
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- High school diploma OR General Education Diploma (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license by date of hire.
- Current BLS certification required. Additional
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement, clinical care
delivery processes, staffing, & budgeting.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission & other
federal, state, & local regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- PALS certification may be required for positions in specific
departments. Preferred Qualifications:
- ACLS certification strongly preferred.
- BSN or bachelor's degree in health care related field
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Oakland , Assistant Nurse Mgr. - L&D, Healthcare , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!