Medical Assistant On-Call
Company: ASIAN HEALTH SERVICES.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:Under supervision from Clinic Unit
Manager or Clinic Site RN Manager, performs routine clinical tasks,
including obtaining and recording patient information, performing
simple nursing procedures, assisting physicians and licensed staff
in minor surgery, performing infection control procedures, and
ordering clinic supplies.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Interviews patient to obtain and record medical history using
SOAP format in preparation for medical visits; obtains basic health
information and relevant documents and records
- Takes and records vital signs recognize abnormalities and
report them to nurses and providers.
- Performs basic nursing procedures such as injections (for
immunization and tuberculosis skin test only), phlebotomy, and
dressing changes; performs basic in-clinic lab tests, and
obtains/processes specimens for lab send-out; performs tests such
as electrocardiogram, spirometry, audiometry, and Snellen
- Assists physicians during examinations and in minor surgery as
needed; assists in patient flow.
- Performs sterilization, infection control and cleaning of
clinic areas, and cleaning medical instruments/equipment.
- Maintains and orders clinic supplies, keeping examination
rooms, and nursing area well-stocked.
- Assists Medical Records performs interpretation duties, and
performs Unit Clerk duties as required and/or as assigned.
- Adheres to policy and procedures within the unit.
- Ensures patients' rights to privacy, safety, and
- Attends appropriate in-service education courses for technical
- Attend all staff and component meetings, providing input as
necessary; may participate in AHS subcommittees.
- Identifies problems in the work area and works with others to
- Demonstrates good communication skills with patients.
- Appropriately carries out AHS organizational goals.
- Participates in orientation and training for volunteers and new
- A high school diploma or GED and some college coursework or
nurse training with one year of relevant experience in a clinic
setting; or equivalent combination of education and
- Bilingual/bicultural in an Asian language requiredPREFERRED
- Commitment to working in the Asian community, to community
health care with familiarity with community health clinics
preferred CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Medical Assistant certification preferred
- CPR certification required
Keywords: ASIAN HEALTH SERVICES., Oakland , Medical Assistant On-Call, Healthcare , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!