QA Utilization Coordinator - Cardiology exp. preferred
Company: The Society For Cardiovascular Angiography And Int
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Details Posted: 14-Nov-22Location: Oakland,
CaliforniaCategories: General Nursing Internal Number: 1112447
Coordinates quality, utilization and risk management activities for
the medical center; provides technical, educational, consultative,
and coordinating support to assigned areas. Essential
- Assists in the coordination of the quality management/utilization
management department activities with other medical center
- Acts as a consultant for appropriate departments on quality
management, utilization management and risk management
- Assists with quality management studies through data collection,
data input and report development.
Provides objective assessment of important aspects of patient care
through ongoing chart review with preestablished criteria.
- Reports all occurrences which may lead to medical center
liability and follows up as necessary.
- Facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration for development of
patient care paths.
- Reviews hospital admissions and extended stays for specific
- Serves as a member of the QM and/or UM Committees as needed.
- Attends and/or participates in committee meetings as needed.
- Assists in orientation and training of peers; in formulating and
evaluating policies and procedures.
- Performs special projects as assigned, such as statistical
reports for state, federal, and local agencies.
- Assists the director of quality and utilization management for QM
and UM in the formulation of department goals and objectives.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a
routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to
reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions
from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally
implemented only after notice is given to affected employees. Basic
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in acute care nursing as a
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in quality management.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or related field OR four (4) years
of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Current RN license in California.
- Demonstrate knowledge of quality improvement, statistical
analysis, accreditation and licensing processes.
- Strong problem solving, project management, group facilitation
and teamwork skills.
- Able to assess or evaluate patient medical records as it relates
to quality of care and systems analysis. Current working knowledge
of The Joint Commission, NCQA and Title 22
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theories.
- Must be PC literate.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Valid, current driver's license with personal means of
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications preferred.SCAI
- is a registered trademark of the Society for Cardiovascular
Angiography and Interventions.All content found on the Society for
Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions website (www.scai.org)
including text, images, audio, video, or other formats is created
for informational purposes only. Links to other content are to be
taken at your own risk. SCAI is not responsible for the content or
claims of external websites.Get in touch 1100 17th Street NW, Suite
400, Washington, DC 20036
Keywords: The Society For Cardiovascular Angiography And Int, Oakland , QA Utilization Coordinator - Cardiology exp. preferred, Healthcare , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!