Divisional Resource Dietitian (HYBRID OFF site and on site)
Company: Oakland Healthcare & Wellness Center
Posted on: March 21, 2023
Oakland Healthcare & Wellness Center - POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Under the direction of the Vice President of Nutritional Services, the Regional Dietitian is responsible for the oversight and evaluation of the implementation of the facility's resident care policies and procedures affecting the quality of resident care outcomes, identifying regulatory noncompliance, and ethical business conduct. Raise the quality and standard of nutritional service in the communities serviced.
--- B.S. or advanced degree in Dietetics or Foods and Nutrition.
--- Completion of internship or equivalent experience to qualify for registration by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
--- Registered Dietitian with current Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics membership maintained.
--- Minimum of five years of experience as a Registered Dietitian with demonstrated increased responsibility.
--- Current Dietetics licensure in the state she/he is responsible.
--- Ability to generate enthusiasm and cooperation from others.
--- Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships.
--- A genuine interest in and respect for people and desire to be of service to them.
--- Ability to accept and work with persons with different social and cultural traits.
--- Demonstrated leadership ability and capability to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
--- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations, including, but not limited to FDA and USDA Food Code.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes current nutrition principles and standards of practice to ensure maintenance and improved nutritional status of residents at community locations, by community Dietitians.
- Reviews menus for normal and therapeutic diets. Monitors preparation and service of residents' meals at community locations.
- Reviews nutritional assessment and patient care plan chart entries by Community Dietitians.
- Provides in-service's as deemed appropriate and requested by communities.
- Enforces policies and procedures at communities.
- Assist with development of in-service and orientation programs for Nutritional Services personnel.
- Provides in-service training for nursing or as needed.
- Evaluates department regularly to insure compliance with all State and Federal health department regulations and JCAHO requirements.
- Help ensure good interdepartmental and intra-departmental relations.
- May be requested to assist in interviewing and evaluating the Nutritional Services Supervisor and or Registered Dietitian.
1. Consultation with residents as required (confer with the Director of Nursing Services).
2. Observation and evaluation of the Nutritional Services Department.
- quality and quantity
b) Safe and efficient procedures
--- Participates in the review of performance for the Certified Dietary Manager and make recommendations to the Administrator.
--- Participates in the review of performance for the Community Registered Dietitian and make recommendations to the Administrator.
--- Reviews and assists the Certified Dietary Manager and/or Registered Dietitian with the correction of findings and deficiencies of the Department of Public Health.
--- Make staffing recommendations to the Administrator to ensure adequate Registered Dietitian Hours.
--- Assist the QA Nurses in oversight of the Quality measures or other quality metrics and offer guidance to continually improve the community quality indicators
--- Assist the Dietary Department in Oversight of the Sanitation Reviews and Dining Programs.
--- Presents a professional image to consumers, facility staff and peers through dress, behavior and speech.
--- Adheres to Company standards for fiscal responsibility
--- Adheres to Company standards of ethical business practices
--- Strives for excellence and best practices
--- I have read the above job description and fully understand the requirements set forth therein. I hereby accept the position of Regional Dietitian and agree to abide by the requirements set forth and will perform all duties and responsibilities to the best of my ability.
3. Physician's Diet Orders:
a) Insure that there are accurate and timely communications between the nursing staff and the Nutritional Services Department.
b) Write modified diets not printed on the standard menu's spread sheets. The standard menu is followed as closely as possible with simple instructions for the needed modification for the Nutritional Services personnel, posted and in-serviced.
4. Formulate In-Service Training Program:
a) Nutritional Services personnel should receive in-service education monthly. The subject should reflect areas of current need. Sample subject matter includes:
- Basic food preparation procedures
- Modified diets
- Sanitation and Safety procedures and techniques
- Portion Control
- Disaster Procedures
- P & P, Diet Manual Review
b) Nursing personnel should receive nutrition related in-service education at least annually. Again, the subject matter should reflect the facility's area(s) of greatest need. Sample subject matter includes:
- Nutritional needs of the elderly and the immunocompromised.
- The psychological impact of how the food is presented to the resident.
- The importance of preparation of the resident to receive their meal without delay, thus preventing deterioration of the quality and value of the meal.
- Stress the great effort of the Nutritional Services staff to provide residents with attractive and hot meals.
--- Charting Meal Consumption
--- Modified Diets
--- Review of Diet Manual
LINE OF REPORTING:
1. Present written reports on after each visit to the facility's Administrator, Director of Nursing, Dietary Supervisor, Vice President of Operations, QA Nurse and Vice President of Nutritional Services (see Regional Dietitian's Report).
2. Discuss the report and recommendations with the Administrator, the Director of Nursing, and the Nutritional Services Supervisor and to promote actions that support the health and well being of the residents. Help develop QAPI with facility staff as necessary.
Oakland Healthcare & Wellness Center - POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Keywords: Oakland Healthcare & Wellness Center, Oakland , Divisional Resource Dietitian (HYBRID OFF site and on site), Healthcare , Oakland, California
here to apply!