Health Care Administrator-Oakland
Company: Elder Care Alliance
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Req ID 2019-1405
Job Locations Management & Corporate
Job Category Regular Full Time
Shift Day, Evening
Who We Are
An Elder Care Alliance Community
Mercy Retirement & Care Center
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting
where you are valued and appreciated? Mercy Retirement & Care
Center is a vibrant retirement community located in Oakland. We
provide senior assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and
rehabilitation services to meet a variety of health care needs. We
pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our
employees and residents. We are currently hiring.
About This Career Opportunity
It is Elder Care Alliance's goal to create an environment that
allows older adults in need of assisted living, dementia care
services or skilled nursing to live with dignity, respect, quality
and meaning. This will be achieved through strong leadership,
dedication and collaboration.
The Health Care Administrator has accountability for directing and
coordinating all current operations of the Skilled Nursing Program
at Mercy Retirement and Care Center. The Health Care Administrator
will ensure the optimal performance of operations by continuously
improving quality, cost, and occupancy.
- Provides leadership to staff and volunteers to ensure
high-quality, cost-effective care and services.
- Provides for the education of the skilled nursing staff and
ensures support for the programs' human resources in a continuous
- Leads the Quality Improvement Programs and initiatives for
skilled nursing to ensure the maintenance of Elder Care Alliance's
high standards of care and regulatory compliance.
- Develops, monitors and manages operating and capital budgets.
Reports any variances and plans to remedy to the Executive
- Establishes and maintains a thorough knowledge of federal,
state and local legislation and accrediting/contracting agency
policy, reimbursement, conditions of participation for Medicare and
Medi-Cal programs and procedures related to programs. Teaches and
trains others and ensures on-going regulatory and reporting
compliance for all programs.
- Collaborates with the Director of Nursing and other department
directors on operational and regulatory issues
- Works with skilled nursing staff to develop operational
efficiencies and ensure compliance with current healthcare
- Establishes and maintains appropriate communication networks
with other businesses, referral sources, the broader community, and
government agencies to assure service levels and programs'
viability, to enhance public awareness, and to foster cooperative
- Develops job descriptions; hires, schedules, supervises and
counsels; evaluates, recommends promotions and compensation
increases; conducts progressive disciplinary action up to and
including termination of employees within areas of responsibility
in compliance with personnel policies and procedures and in
consultation with Vice President of Human Resources and the
Executive Director of Mercy Retirement and Care Center.
- Participates in committees of the Board, and provides support,
information, and assistance as needed.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities deemed
appropriate by the Executive Director
Are You Qualified?
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in one of the
following areas; nursing home administration, public health,
nursing, gerontology, social work or related field. Current
California nursing home administrator's license, knowledge of
services, facilities, regulations and reimbursement sources related
to the care and services of elders and retirement communities.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and program development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to form and maintain positive working
- Ability and desire to work with elders.
- Ability to successfully work in a matrix reporting
relationship. Excellent negotiating ability and political
savvy.Five years experience as a single site Nursing Home
Administrator, or alternatively, three years of multi site NHA
"Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran
Keywords: Elder Care Alliance, Oakland , Health Care Administrator-Oakland, Healthcare , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!