Company: Salt & Honey Catering + Events
Posted on: September 17, 2022
The line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food
items in the kitchen. Will also be responsible for helping to clean
and organize kitchen at end of service.
* Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely
* Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation
specifications as set by the company standards.
* Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety,
sanitation, organizational skills.
* Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all
equipment in station.
* Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of
kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
* Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as
requested by the Owner & Operations Manager
* English language and professional communications skills are
* Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling
* Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food
* Must have a current food handlers card
* Two years previous catering experience or 3-4 years restaurant
prep/line cook experience
* Takes direction well and is a team player
* Must have problem solving abilities, think on feet, be
self-motivated, and organized
* Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
* Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage
* Must have flexible schedule
* Valid CA driver s license or equivalent
* Be passionate about their craft
* This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
* Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
* The individual must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on
occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
* Must be able to read and understand basic cooking directions and
execute recipes accordingly
Keywords: Salt & Honey Catering + Events, Oakland , Prep/Line Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!