BARISTA (FULL & PART-TIME)
Company: Compass Group, North America
Posted on: September 18, 2022
- We are hiring immediately for both full and part-time BARISTA
- Location: Mills Dining - 5000 MacArthur Blvd, Oakland, CA
94613. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time and Part-time schedules available. Monday
through Friday, weekends as needed, hours may vary. More details
- Requirement: Previous barista experience is preferred.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus AvailableWe Make Applying Easy!
Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and
search requisition ID number 1086896. The advertised program is an
AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass
Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply.
Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions:
http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg Diversity of thought and inclusion
for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your
journey with us today! Are you looking for a job with competitive
wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while
making a difference in the world? Were hiring! Bon Apptit
Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafs around the country
for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen
public restaurants. Weve led the industry in socially and
environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to
cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local
ingredients. Learn more about careers with Bon Apptit:
http://www.bamco.com/careers/ Job SummarySummary: Makes and serves
coffee/espresso drinks and related food and beverage items. Handles
food according to HACCP guidelines and standards for quality
food-service operations. Interacts with customers and other
employees in a friendly, courteous manner. Essential Duties and
- Prepares espresso orders for customers and catering using
standard measures and recipes.
- Enters orders accurately into POS device; accepts cash and
- Replenishes condiments, beverages and general supplies while
maintaining cleanliness of service area.
- Ensures proper presentation, portion control and maintenance of
proper serving temperatures; follows HACCP standards.
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies
- Ensures proper food preparation by using approved recipes and
following prescribed production standards.
- Keeps display equipment clean and free of debris during meal
- Cleans equipment and workstation thoroughly before leaving the
area for other assignments.
- Greets customers courteously and interacts in a manner to
ensure customer satisfaction. Relays relevant concerns from
customers to supervisors.
- Serves customers quickly and efficiently, and prevents delays
in serving lines.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of daily menu items and
accurately explains them to customers.
- Serves as an advocate of selling techniques to the customer by
establishing good communication and assisting in the buying
- Ensures all display foods are merchandised attractively per
standards. Serves food neatly and attractively per standard.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Associates at Bon Apptit are
offered many fantastic benefits. Both full-time and part-time
positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home Program In addition, full-time positions
also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) About Compass Group:
Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry Compass Group is
an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to
treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their
abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race,
national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected
by law. Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance). Req ID: 1086896 [[filter4]]
Keywords: Compass Group, North America, Oakland , BARISTA (FULL & PART-TIME), Hospitality & Tourism , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!