Healthy Retail Coordinator
Company: Mandela MarketPlace
Posted on: December 8, 2018
About the Organization
Mandela MarketPlace is a non-profit organization that works in partnership with local residents, family farmers, and community-based businesses to improve health, create wealth, and build assets through local food enterprises in low-income communities.
Healthy Retail Coordinator
Mandela MarketPlace has an immediate opening for a Healthy Retail Coordinator. This key position focuses on implementing a model healthy retail program within the Healthy Retail Network of corner stores, whose primary objectives are to increase access points and affordability for healthy, fresh foods, while decreasing the influence of alcohol and tobacco at corner markets.The position interfaces with Mandela Foods Distribution, a social enterprise wholesale produce distributor that supports local family farmers and increases access to sustainably farmed, affordable produce in the urban center, as well as the Fresh Creds program, a 50% off discount program for CalFresh customers at Mandela MarketPlace's Healthy Retail sites. The position will work closely with our Community Produce Stand and Nutrition Education initiatives to refine and expand Mandela MarketPlace's Healthy Retail Program.
Corner Store Operations and Partnership Coordination
- Manage relationships with Healthy Retail corner store partners, customers, produce distributors, and project consultants
- Lead store recruitment and expansion
- Implement marketing program including soliciting store and community feedback on designs, installation, and material maintenance/replacement, and work with designer as needed
- Make recommendations for efficiency and to inform future program planning and retail trends
- Support and cross promote Nutrition Educator's monthly demos at corner stores
- Manage contract with Alameda County Public Health Department, including attending monthly meetings, compiling reports and budgets
- Promote Mandela MarketPlace's Healthy Retail Program as a national model for healthy corner stores
- Track national trends on healthy retail, last mile distribution, and policy changes related to SNAP/CalFresh
- Supervise Healthy Retail Associate and provide support as necessary with:
- Weekly ordering, invoicing and inventory
- Seasonal rotation of produce
- Prep and install updated pricing on a quarterly basis in all stores
- Track all sales, waste, and FreshCreds data
- Warehouse cleaning
- Ensure on-time departure/preparedness for delivery
- Collaborate with Fleet Manager to maintain delivery vans Qualifications:
- Punctual, reliable, responsible, attentive to detail, and self-motivated
- Can lift up to 50 lbs occasionally, when Healthy Retail Associate needs support
- Clean driving record
- Strong customer service and community engagement skills
- Experience with data entry and Microsoft Excel preferred
- Experience with produce distribution and/or quality control preferred
- Interest in food access and healthy communities strongly preferred
- Bilingual Arabic-speaking or Spanish-speaking preferred but not required Compensation and Application Process
Mandela MarketPlace is an equal opportunity employer: LGBTQ, people of color, women, formerly-incarcerated, and lifelong Bay Area residents are encouraged to apply. FTE, salary commensurate with experience. Includes health, dental, vision, life benefits after 60-day introductory period, and 401k option after 6 months of employment.
Driver's license is required. Please send your resume, cover letter, and unofficial driving record to Ciara at: . An unofficial driving record may be obtained on the DMV website - Mandela MarketPlace is a non-profit organization that works in partnership with local residents, family farmers, and community-based businesses to improve health, create wealth, and build assets through community-owned food enterprises in low-income communities. Through projects like the Healthy Neighborhood Store Alliance, community members/youth create social change while building their own professional and life skills.
Keywords: Mandela MarketPlace, Oakland , Healthy Retail Coordinator, Hospitality & Tourism , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!