Accounts Payable Specialist - Cannabis Retail Company
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Harvest is a growing licensed Cannabis Retailer, hiring a reliable
Accounts Payable Specialist who will provide accounting support to
our CEO, COO, Controller, and store managers. This role will be
responsible for daily payables, reconciliation and payment audit
activities that include organizing invoices, preparing payments,
coordinating with vendors and suppliers, and maintaining
appropriate filing systems, among other basic accounting tasks.This
position ensures the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of
our payables operation. Candidates must be detail-oriented,
proactive and work with minimal supervision. Patience and
flexibility are essential when working with our vendor partners,
many of whom are startups. Excellent oral and written communication
skills are required, as is the ability to maintain the following
systems: Quickbooks, POS administrator software, Excel, MS Office,
Google Suite, PayPal, Stripe, Square and various other systems used
in payment processing, account reconciliation and monthly
audit.Previous experience in Accounts Payable or Accounts
Receivable required and, preferably, familiarity with cannabis
industry accounting practices.Responsibilities:
- Daily review of AP items, confirmation of approvals, scheduling
of payments, reconciliation after payment, invoice logging, payment
confirmation, filing, scanning and other AP tasks.
- Weekly review of limited AR open items, scanning, filing,
- Assist COO and Controller in financial decisions by
establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Follow state and local legal requirements.
- Preparing and filing financial reports and advising management
on needed actions.
- Protects the business by keeping financial information and
- Contacting creditors with questions or concerns about
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing
- Responsible for assisting with monthly Closing
- 2-3 years of experience working in an Accounts Payable
- High School degree, College degree preferred.
- Significant experience with office management systems and
- Advanced experience with Quickbooks, POS admin software, Excel,
Google Suite, PayPal, Stripe, and Square.
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills with the
ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with close
attention to detail and patience.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to
multi-task.Schedule: Mon-Thurs, 9am-3pm (room for flexibility)
- Competitive Wage
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance for full-time
- Paid vacation for full-time employees
- Employee discount
- Commuter credit
- Group activities
- Growing company and room for advancement
Keywords: Harvest, Oakland , Accounts Payable Specialist - Cannabis Retail Company, Hospitality & Tourism , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!