Company: John George Psychiatric Pavilion
Posted on: June 22, 2022
SUMMARY: Under direction of the Assistant Payroll Manager, the
Payroll Administrator is responsible for the administration of the
Lawson payroll system, Kronos, time and attendance system and for
the timely and accurate delivery of the company's semi-monthly
payroll including recordkeeping, reporting and payroll-related
functions. The Payroll Administrator will act as a resource for
employees with regard to payroll issues and will also implement
process changes. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: Following are the duties
performed by employees in this classification. However, employees
may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all
duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the
1. Audit payroll on a biweekly basis using Excel.
2. Collaborate and interface with Human Resource counterparts.
3. Identify and participate in process improvement projects,
including assisting with various system implementation and
4. Kronos Administration: Kronos setup for new hires, status
changes and terminations; review time sheets in Kronos.
5. Maintain updated documentation for all payroll related
6. Maintain, complete and accurate employee files.
7. Monitor email inquiries into Payroll Help inbox and respond to
8. Participate in the integration of payroll function. Special
projects and opportunities as assigned. Provide excellent customer
9. Payroll information maintenance: set up direct deposit, set up
deductions, and enter tax changes.
10. Process garnishments, workers compensation claims and LOA
payments (Integrate sick and vacation/pto/mto).
11. Work with other payroll administrators in providing full
payroll coverage for 5200+ employees.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely
provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as
possession of any required licenses or certifications is
Education: High Diploma or GED required. A.A. Degree or Bachelor's
Minimum Experience: two or more years payroll processing experience
in integrated or interface environment with working experience on
partnership and collaboration with other departments.
Keywords: John George Psychiatric Pavilion, Oakland , Payroll Administrator, Human Resources , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!