Electronic Health Records Trainer
Company: Alameda Health System
Posted on: March 19, 2023
SUMMARY: Develops and maintains the training program for the specified Epic application.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Develops role-based training content, independently or with team members, using a variety of software programs, tools, and applications (such as Microsoft Office).
2. Designs, developing and maintaining instructional materials (such as presentations).
3. Maintains policy and procedure documentation.
4. Evaluates and incorporates feedback from others into existing training and training administration procedures.
5. Develops new content and develops training materials and answers any participant questions.
6. Assists with building and testing of training environments, and provides support and troubleshoots issues.
7. Collaborates with other trainers by co-facilitating classroom instruction and assisting with exercises as needed.
8. Prepares training lessons, printing materials, and setting up the training room and environment prior to the training session.
9. Follows up with trainees outside of the classroom to offer additional support.
10. Serves as an expert educator to internal staff.
11. Trains and credentialing additional classroom trainers as needed.
12. Trains staff and end users by teaching technical topics as needed.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
A key requirement of this role is to stay current with on-going technology, tools and processes in the industry to ensure support of AHS's business and clinical needs. As such, this role is expected to align with the AHS IS Department Training Program Guidelines and must meet the training requirements for this role. Training requirements for this role are documented in the AHS IS Training Matrix and will be updated as needed depending on advancements in technology, tools and processes as well as AHS's evolving business & clinical needs.
Preferred Experience: Two years prior Epic principal trainer experience; experience with clinical applications in either inpatient or outpatient setting; experience with revenue cycle applications or patient access services.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university.
Required Experience: Two years of experience delivering training in healthcare or a related field.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Current Epic certification or attainment of Epic certification within six months of employment.
SYS IS OPS Edu & Training
Business Professional & IT
Keywords: Alameda Health System, Oakland , Electronic Health Records Trainer, Human Resources , Oakland, California
here to apply!