HR Business Partner
Company: Alameda Health System
Posted on: July 14, 2018
SUMMARY: The HR Business Partner (HRBP) will primarily partner with HR leaders, executives, and management staff on organizational and workforce planning, staff development, change management, employee engagement, HR services and communications that support Alameda Health System's mission, vision, and strategic plan. The HRBP will support multiple client groups, functions and/or locations; will facilitate the delivery of HR programs and services to support the business objectives in partnership with HR leadership, HR subject matter experts and staff. Additionally, the incumbent will manage the day to day activities and priorities of the HR Generalists throughout AHS. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Provide strategic HR business partner support to assigned client groups. Provide advice and counsel to management regarding: effectiveness of staff, application of human resource practices, policies and procedures, application, and administration of collective bargaining agreements, compliance with employment regulations and laws and resolution of complaints and grievances. Communicates with managers of bargaining unit employees regarding contract interpretation, policy interpretation and compliance. Understand AHS business strategy and objectives and contribute to the development of both business and HR strategies that align with objectives
2. Drive informed decision making by using data to identify trends and work with business leaders to determine root cause of issues; develop organizational effectiveness solutions. Identify and take action on coaching opportunities including the facilitation of individual, team and leadership interventions.
3. Collaborate with HR Business Partners and subject matter experts (SME's) to successfully drive company-wide programs and initiatives including performance management, annual performance reviews, recruiting, workforce planning and change management
4. Implements effective strategies to enable the organization to thrive and provides group and one-on-one coaching with managers and employees to support leadership development, business decision-making, human resources management, and problem solving and performance management
5. Plays a role in implementing succession planning, career management, performance management, compensation management and recruiting strategies and ensuring that compensation structures reward and recognize high performance, innovation and creativity
6. Identifies HR trends across the business groups and proactively proposes programs to address these trends. Acts as a strong conduit for the client groups needs as well as for HR programs and processes for business effectiveness. Partners with other HR staff to research and share best practices in order to ensure consistency and teamwork within the HR department.
7. Function as the HR Partner to management teams of assigned client groups. Supports assigned client groups in the achievement of its people related objectives for employee satisfaction, patient or customer satisfaction, labor costs targets, talent development and the development and maintenance of a high performing workforce. Actively participates in development of employee relations programs.
8. Supports management when conducting layoffs, grievance meetings, investigations, complaint resolutions, staff counseling and related progressive discipline activities, talent reviews and local training. Identifies, investigates and resolves grievances, and coordinates with the subject matter experts (SME) for resolution of mediated or arbitrated grievances, work environment scans and harassment investigations. Involved in terminations, unemployment hearings, EEOC charges, and reduction in force planning.
9. People management responsibilities: assigns projects and duties to staff; sets and communicates departmental needs, goals and priorities; manages the hiring, scheduling, timekeeping, and performance evaluations. Coaches, mentors and ongoing development of the HR Generalist team.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education: Bachelor's degree in HR, Business Administration or related field highly desired. Master's degree preferred. Minimum Experience: Seven years of HR experience, with an emphasis in an employee/labor relations or HR business partner capacity. Requires prior experience in advising/educating managers with respect to employee relations issues and HR related laws, regulations and practices specific to California. Minimum Experience: Prior people management/supervisory experience required.
Keywords: Alameda Health System, Oakland, HR Business Partner, Human Resources, Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!