Recruiting Support Specialist
Company: Galileo Learning
Posted on: November 11, 2018
-- We---re looking for a Seasonal Recruiting Specialist to support our audacious annual goal---to hire over 2,000 of the best and brightest students and professionals to bring our camps to life each summer. --In order to make that goal a reality, our People Ops team introduces our stellar employee experience to thousands of people each year. This is an opportunity to join our highly collaborative team, and help tell our story through multiple digital channels. -- We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply. -- Who are you?
- You are intrigued or inspired by Galileo---s mission and purpose. Innovation education, project-based learning, and working in a professional, welcoming, deeply camp-inspired environment should sound like things you---re ready to explore or sign up for.
- You can juggle---and juggle well. You can manage a variety of projects simultaneously. Changing deadlines? Multiple stakeholders? Easy breezy. You manage your time well and keep your calendar in tip-top shape.
- The details are important to you. You consistently deliver top-notch quality control, from impeccable email composition to thorough candidate follow-up. The little things that other people think no one will notice? You notice them, and you demonstrate your commitment to getting them right.
- You---re nimble and eager to grow. You---re flexible to changing needs and demands, can quickly and effectively come up with solutions on the fly, and continuously seek feedback to learn and grow.
- You care about people and the relationships you build with them. You communicate clearly and effectively, while acting with a deep sense of empathy. Who are we? We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear---the essence of innovation---are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life---s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own. It takes a village to bring best-in-class, ever-evolving camp programs to over 30,000 campers each summer. At HQ, we believe that we are Galileo; through the work of each contributor and team, we bring our values to life, and constantly make our company and culture better. Because here, values aren---t just lip service --- we aim to be more visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined and reflective each day, and back that effort up with structure to ensure our success. People who work hard, seek feedback to improve their work and themselves, feel deeply accountable for excellent work product, and play very, very well with others tend to thrive in our culture. Complainers don---t. We like each other, we joyfully work hard together, and united by a shared dedication to our mission to create a world of fearless innovators, we encourage innovation in everything we do. We---re also a certified B Corp, and uphold a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our purpose from our CEO & Founder, Glen Tripp. -- What---s the job, really? We---re looking for a Seasonal Recruiting Specialist to help manage our messaging and analytics, and to drive applications for open summer jobs. --
- You---ll own our jobs posting calendar, ensuring detailed information about open opportunities is posted to the right channels, including major job boards, social media sites, and staff newsletters. --
- You---ll collaborate with our University Relations team by helping to build our presence on campus through outreach to key university and student organizations. --
- You---ll help us execute on our robust, candidate-facing social media strategy to help build our employer branding and communicate our employer value proposition. --
- You---ll support our online presence through creating and implementing national email marketing and social media ad campaigns. --
- You---ll support our data monitoring and reporting efforts to help us measure efficacy of campaigns, and make data-driven decisions based on performance. -- What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience --
- 1-2 years experience in a recruiting, marketing, or related role highly preferred but not required --
- Strong attention to detail, and exceptional proficiency in written communication across multiple channels --
- Social media experience (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat) preferred --
- Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Suite and Google products --
- Skill at and experience with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance -- -- Schedule & Time Commitment
- Training days, approximately 30-40 hours per week, January 14 --- Wednesday, January 23 --
- 40 hours/week, from Thursday, January 24 - Friday, June 21 (some flexibility possible in end date) -- Benefits & Compensation
- $18.00/hour --
- Temporary employee (non-benefited) -- --
- Paid sick leave is accrued at a rate of one hour per every thirty hours worked. Accrual begins on the first day of employment. Paid sick leave may be used beginning on the 90th day of employment. -- Work Location Galileo Learning Headquarters, 1021 Third Street, Oakland, CA 94607 -- Application Deadline: November 30th, 2018
Keywords: Galileo Learning, Oakland , Recruiting Support Specialist, Human Resources , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!