Data Consultant- Research, Epi, Bio-stat, SAS, SQL, R
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: February 16, 2021
Under general supervision, this position exists to assist the
organization in making strategic data-related decisions by
analyzing, manipulating, tracking, internally managing and
reporting data. This position functions both as consultant and as a
high-level statistical analytics programmer.
- Designs and enhances databases.
- Designs menu systems that are effective and user-friendly.
- Develops reports with accurate, easy to read, useful
- Designs and generates tracking and monitoring tools.
- Participates in the development of outcomes and process measures,
including technical specifications, to enable population
measurement, guideline implementation, and evaluation.
- Builds and maintains complex statistical routines using macros,
vendor software, and software written by self and others.
- Tests and maintains data integrity across multiple databases
(internal SAS, DB2, VSAM; external: Adobe, Excel, SAS parsing
- Builds sophisticated statistical models and forecasting tools
using these databases.
- Defines and frames complex multi-dimensional healthcare issues
and develops time tables/processes for decision making.
- Translates needs, issues, and ideas into effective strategies and
- Formulates specific implementation plans and evaluates the
effectiveness of actions/programs implemented.
- Develops creative alternative solutions.
- Works closely with IT and outside partners (and physicians for
- May coordinate team/project activities and schedules.
- May assist in the determination of goals and priorities with
team, clients, or project management sponsors.
- May provide leadership to multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Communicates results/recommendations to project sponsors,
clients, and various senior level audiences (including physicians
for TPMG departments).
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Oakland , Data Consultant- Research, Epi, Bio-stat, SAS, SQL, R, IT / Software / Systems , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!