Mastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and
teamwork. We are currently seeking a Data Analyst SAS EG for our
client in the IT Services domain. We value our professionals,
providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the
opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client
is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 6 Months Contract
Location: Oakland, CA/ Zip Code: 94612
Compensation: Market Rate
Role: Data Analyst SAS EG
Role Description: The Data Analyst SAS EG would need to have at
least 5 years of experience.
- Leads, makes significant contributions, and/or provides technical
leadership to high visibility projects to identify and resolve
issues of strategic importance to the organization.
- Interfaces regularly with senior management to produce timely and
- Directs the development of outcomes and process measures,
including technical specifications, to enable population
measurement, guideline implementation, and evaluation.
- Builds and maintains complex statistical routines using macros,
vendor software, and software written by self and others.
- Tests and maintains data integrity across multiple databases and
- Builds sophisticated statistical models and forecasting tools
using these databases.
- Designs and enhances databases.
- Designs menu systems that are effective and user-friendly.
- Develops reports with accurate, easy to read, useful information
that satisfies the client's needs.
- Designs and generates tracking and monitoring tools.
- Designs research plans for data gathering and analysis;
participates significantly in interpreting analyses and developing
action plans accordingly.
- Defines and frames complex multi-dimensional healthcare issues
and develops time tables/processes for decision making.
- Translates needs, issues, and ideas into effective strategies and
- Formulates specific implementation plans and evaluates the
effectiveness of actions/programs implemented.
- Develops creative alternative solutions.
- Sets the strategic direction of projects.
- Determines goals and priorities with team, clients, or project
management sponsors (when appropriate).
- May coordinate team/project activities and schedules.
- May establish team membership and project participants, provide
leadership to multi-disciplinary project teams, as well as manage
work of outside consultants when used.
- Exceptional analytic and critical thinking skills, writing
skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to
work within a team.
- Ability to express complex analytical and technical information
to senior management or to audiences with clinical training.
- Master?s degree in economics, finance, health care
administration, public health administration, statistics,
mathematics, operations research, or related field required, or
equivalent Bachelor?s degree and work experience in lieu of a
- Five or more years programming in SAS, SQL, VBA, .net or
equivalent statistical analytical programming language.
- Experience with analytical manipulation and interpretation of
large databases required.
- Typically five or more years of related analytical consulting
- Microsoft Office skills required.
- Proven leadership in consulting and, for some areas, project
- Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, and candor, openness, and
- Experience with the Epic Clarity database (highly preferred but
- 1 year of experience with SAS EG including the SAS BI
applications, development and deployment of web reports and
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: Minimum 5 years
Relocation: No, this position will not cover relocation
Local Preferred: N/A
Recruiter Name: Udita Tyagi
Recruiter Phone: 877 884 8834 (Ext: 2141)