Project Manager, IT Pathfinder Program
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Start date: Fall 2022
This is a 100% remote role.
The employee can be based in any of our Kaiser Permanente
Kaiser Permanente is looking for a Project Manager for the IT
Pathfinder Program, a two-year rotation program within the
Corporate Services IT (CSIT) organization.
The Pathfinder Program will offer early career professionals the
opportunity to increase business acumen in various departments,
grow technical and leadership skills, and receive coaching and
training from mentors, managers, and executives. The Pathfinder
will work in three different CSIT teams in three 8-month
CSIT shapes KP's transformation with data and technology excellence
through digital solutions for our workforce and members. The
organization delivers the information technology that supports key
national functions including HR, Finance, Revenue Management,
Legal, Compliance, Shared Services, as well as lead the National
Facilities Services IT, and Analytics and IT Mergers & Acquisitions
Examples of rotational work:
- Consult with internal clients
- Create executive summaries
- Engage with business partners
- Improve processes
- Lead projects
- Present at department meetings
- Provide analysis and recommendations
- Work with executive leaders
- Understand risks and controls
- Project management experience in IT
- Experience with Agile
- High learning agility
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities
- Strong interest in IT and healthcare
This individual level contributor is primarily responsible for
adhering to a project plan, working with internal customers, third
party vendors and senior management.
- Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date knowledge in
subject area to meet deadlines; following procedures and policies,
and applying data and resources to support projects or initiatives;
collaborating with others, often cross-functionally, to solve
business problems; supporting the completion of priorities,
deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and
information; identifying and recommending ways to address
improvement opportunities when possible; and escalating issues or
risks as appropriate.
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with
others by sharing resources, information, and knowledge with
coworkers and customers; listening, responding to, and seeking
performance feedback; acknowledging strengths and weaknesses;
assessing and responding to the needs of others; and adapting to
and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Assists with project financials by monitoring financial aspects
for assigned project initiatives.
- Monitors project performance (e.g., on time, on budget, within
scope and with quality) against plan under the guidance of a Senior
- Assists with project activities related to organizational
change management (e.g., development and execution of user
adoption, implementation, and training plans) as defined by the
- Follows established processes and policies (e.g. SDLC including
domain standards, Kaiser standards).
- Allocates resources, establishes schedules, and makes task
- Manages the work of project teams with guidance from a more
senior Project Manager.
- Assists with the management of project sub-teams by ensuring
assignment and tracking of tasks for team members.
- Promotes project vision and objectives with project
- Supports the management and proactive mitigation of project
issues and risks by assisting in the analysis and resolution of
- Supports the compliance of project plans by following policies
- Provides ongoing support to project personnel by regularly
communicating with project team members to ensure schedule data and
changes are accurately interpreted and accounted for.
- Works closely with key stakeholders.
- Provides real-time updates to Project Managers regarding
scheduling conflicts and budget disparities.
- Requests internal or external resources to support completion
of project activities and changes in schedule, scope, and
- Minimum one (1) year experience working on project(s) involving
the implementation of project life cycle methodologies (e.g., SDLC,
process management, organizational change).
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science,
MIS or related field and Minimum two (2) years experience in
project planning and coordination. Additional equivalent work
experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Two (2) years experience developing project Work Breakdown
Structures (WBS) used to create project schedules and
- One (1) year experience working on projects or programs
requiring the integration of cross-functional technology and/or
- Two (2) years experience working with an IT Infrastructure
Library (ITIL) framework.
- Two (2) years experience working with an IT Service Management
- Three (3) years experience in business analysis.
- One (1) year experience working in a large matrixed
- Two (2) years experience in software or system testing.
- Two (2) years experience in IT infrastructure and
- Two (2) years experience working with Microsoft Project.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent
project/program management certification.
PrimaryLocation : California,Oakland,Ordway
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 08:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-PO-01-NUE-Non Union
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Information Technology
Department : Career Development Programs
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Oakland , Project Manager, IT Pathfinder Program, IT / Software / Systems , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!