Principal Software Engineer (HYBRID)
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell changes the way the world works. For more than 130 years,
we ve solved the toughest customer challenges through a rare
combination of our industrial expertise and our innovations in
groundbreaking software and technology, and industry-leading
automation. This perfection is built on a foundation of inclusion,
diversity and driving a performance culture that values integrity
and ethics. Are you ready to help us make the future? Be part of a
team that is working on a new program (TXD) which is integrating
the Traffic Collision Avoidance System (TCAS), Automatic Dependent
Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B), Transponder, Enhanced Ground
Proximity Warning System (EGPWS), Distance Measuring Equipment
(DME) and Universal Access Transceiver (UAT) functions into a
compact, lightweight unit that can be used on a wide variety of
aircraft platforms, from Air Transport and Business Jets to Urban
Air Mobility (UAM)/Universal Access Transceiver (UAT). You will
design, develop, and integrate highly complex software functions
within the TXD and focus on developing the software that controls
the Radio Frequency (RF) hardware in the TXD. You will provide
technical expertise and work with the RF and Digital Hardware
engineers to define the Software architecture and interfaces with
the hardware and drive the integration of the software with the RF
hardware. You will be recognized by business management as a
primary technical authority. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical lead for designing, developing, and integrating the
TXD software that interfaces with the RF hardware.
- Provide support for the software that interfaces with the RF
hardware on legacy TCAS products such as TPA-100 and AESU.
- Requirements and design
- Software architecture and coding
- Customer Support
- Ability to code in multiple languages
- Analytical skills & software development skills This position
will be based at our Phoenix, Arizona facility. We can offer you
competitive pay, unlimited PTO, tuition reimbursement, flex time /
remote work 2 days weekly and relocation assistance, if needed.
ESRAD22ENG0830YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- 6+ years of experience in a Software Engineering role.
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or national, U.S. permanent
resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted
into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum due to U.S. export
control laws. WE VALUE
- Experience and knowledge of surveillance functions: TCAS,
Transponder, ADS-B, DME, UAT.
- Familiarity of RF hardware design and working with
multi-channel RF Transmitters and RF Receivers.
- Experience with the embedded software development lifecycle per
- Knowledge of software configuration and change management
practices with IBM Rational Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements
System (DOORS) and Atlassian tools.
- Experience with SOC and Multi-core processors.
- Diverse and global teaming and collaboration.
- Business oriented approach to software development.
- Real Time Embedded Software (Interrupts, Short / Delay).
- Knowledge of RF Systems and RF control Software.
- Knowledge of TCAS, Transponders, DME, UAT.
- Knowledge and experience with System on a Chip.
- Knowledge of Xilinx UltraScale Application Processing Unit
(APU)/Real-Time Processing Unit (RPU) ideal.
- Comfortable with RF test equipment.
- Comfortable with working real time control systems to control
- Comfortable interact with firmware interfaces and design teams.
- JOB ID: HRD145020
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 21111 N. 19th Ave (Deer
- Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent
resident or have protected status. Engineering (GLOBAL) Honeywell
is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be
considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national
origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Keywords: Honeywell, Oakland , Principal Software Engineer (HYBRID), IT / Software / Systems , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!