Senior Software Engineer - REMOTE
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Powering Trade For The Emerging Cannabis IndustryDistru is a
45-person highly technical and customer driven team building a
software platform to streamline the supply chain for the cannabis
industry. Many of the top cannabis brands and distributors across
the United States use our software to manage their entire operation
and stay compliant with the state-selected track and trace
system.We are growing rapidly with over $1B in transactions per
year passing through our platform and are in a unique position to
redefine trade in the growing cannabis industry. Our investors
include Felicis Ventures, Global Founders Capital, Poseidon Asset
Management and Village Global who have funded companies such as
Shopify, Cruise, HelloFresh, Facebook, Slack and Opendoor.The
OpportunityWe are an intrinsically motivated team that works
without ego, is constantly learning, and solves real problems for
the cannabis industry. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work
closely with us and our customers to shape and deliver impactful
workflows in all areas of the product. You will take ownership over
key features that will have our customers writing you personal
"thank you" emails.This is a full-time remote engineering role, but
we are based in Oakland if you want to spend some time in person
with some of the team.You Will
- Own the planning, design, implementation and testing of mission
critical full stack features.
- Gain deep understanding about the cannabis industry, its supply
chain and our customers' nuanced workflows.
- Closely work with product managers, designers and customer
support agents in the early phasess of a project.
- Proactively communicate status updates to the rest of the
- Find the balance between speed of execution and code
quality.Features You Might Work On
- Building advanced manufacturing flows
- Refactoring our legacy inventory system to build a double-entry
immutable inventory ledger
- Creating a planning calendar that our customers could use to
plan our their manufacturing production schedules, detecting and
alerting them of when they are under-resourced or understaffed
- Establishing the mobile experience for delivery drivers to help
distributors dispatch more efficiently and track deliveries in
- Integrating with numerous 3rd party services including
track-and-trace government APIs, Quickbooks, GPS Tracking, ERPs,
B2B marketplaces, etcYour Experience
- Experience in modern tech stacks, we use React, TypeScript,
GraphQL, Elixir and Postgres but we believe great engineers can
- Previous experience working in early stage startups
- Previous experience fully owning and delivering a feature
end-to-end, with quality and predictability
- Previous experience writing high quality code with effective
- Previous experience defining timelines, and proactively
communicating progress/updates with the rest of the team
- Ability to express complex, involved logic through clean easy
to understand code
- Ability to interact with stakeholders, and raise concerns about
potentially harmful aspects of a feature
- Significant previous experience with SQL databases (especially
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Bonus: previous experience in Cannabis!
- Bonus: worked remotely, ideally on a distributed team!Interview
- 30-minute non-technical chat.
- 4-hour virtual onsite which includes:
- pairing with a Distru engineer to work on a full stack task
within Distru's system.
- an exercise where you'll act as a Product Manager to specify a
- a chat with our CEO.Company Culture
- Cultivate positivity
- Show gratitude
- Take ownership
- Communicate asynchronously and thoughtfully
- Low ego
- Default to transparency
- 2 teams with 5 senior engineers and a manager each.
- Half of the engineers are US-based, the other half are based in
Europe, South America, Oceania and Asia.
- Projects are run by 1-3 engineers depending on project
- Engineers closely work with product managers and designers
during feature spec phase.
- Engineers write high-level technical spec for mid to large-size
projects and get feedback from peers.
- Engineers freely organize, plan and execute the implementation
- Engineers write thorough automated tests in the backend and
perform manual QA in the frontend.
- Engineers are encouraged to open Pull Requests.
- Engineers provide non-nit-picky valuable code reviews.
- Daily deployments with CI/CD.
- -10% of your time will be spent on meetings, -90% of your time
will be uninterrupted, focus time.
- No on-call team. System is very stable. Issues are fixed during
regular work hours.
- Full Medical, Vision and Dental insurance coverage for
employee, and 90% for spouse, domestic partner, and any dependent
- Generous stock options with employee-friendly exercise terms
and post-termination exercise window
- 18 days Paid Time Off (We want you to use these!)
- Working with world class engineers day in day out!About
DistruSupply chain software for cannabis distributors,
manufacturers and cultivators. One tool for CRM, inventory
management, order fulfillment, manufacturing and analytics, all
while staying compliant with state-specific regulations.Company
- Highly customer and product-minded
- Proactive and communicative
- Low ego, high empathy
- High transparency Interested in this role?
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through
Keywords: Triplebyte, Oakland , Senior Software Engineer - REMOTE, IT / Software / Systems , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!