Software Test Engineer III
Company: Delta Dental of California
Posted on: April 18, 2019
If you think this sounds like you, let s chat. We would love to
tell you more!
Follow us @lifeatDDins on Instagram, lifeatDDins on Facebook,
@lifeatDDins on Twitter
ABOUT DELTA DENTAL
As the first company to specialize in dental insurance, we are
passionate about oral health and its importance to future
generations. Our core purpose is the advancement of oral health
care to our customers, partners and consumers through dental
insurance programs and philanthropic efforts.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of
companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the
U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc.,
Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company,
together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation s
largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million
enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of
members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39
Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
This test engineer position will join and support a scrum team for
software testing of node.js and java-based microservice web
applications for our Customer Experience and Direct to Consumer
areas under the direction of the Software Testing Manager or a
matrixed Testing Lead or Project Manager.
How you will make an impact:
* Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and
* Design, develop and execute functional test cases that ensure the
software meets the intended requirements, user stories, and quality
* Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
* Work closely with the development team to create and apply
* Coordinates, motivates and mentors team members in performing
tests, analysis and other work necessary in order to prepare
quality recommendations and plans. May be required to perform Test
Lead functions for medium and large development projects.
* Report bugs and errors to development team through Jira
* Work with development team to ensure quality throughout the
software development lifecycle.
* Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
* Identify defects and follow defect tracking life cycle.
* Collaborate with engineering teams on best practices, process
changes and standards as part of continuous process
* Learn and develop test automation skills and tools.
What we look for:
* Minimum of 8-years progressive experience in software quality
* In-depth knowledge of software systems, software development
lifecycle and methodologies is required.
* Highly organized and detail oriented.
* Experienced in software development and QA methodologies, tools
* Able to write clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and
* Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Knowledge and prior experience with Scrum, Agile Methodology.
* Possess a solid understanding of process flow and development;
strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Experienced in developing testing collateral that includes
testing analysis and design, test cases and Test Plan.
* Must be able to work well under pressure and interact
professionally with others.
* Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
* Great attention to detail.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Experience working with software developers and offshore
* B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or
equivalent work experience.
* Nice to have: Experience with Healthcare and/or Insurance; Tools
such as JIRA and Zephyr; Understanding of web-development
technologies including SQL, HTML, CSS, JS, Spring, Hibernate, XML,
HTTP protocol; debugging tools like Postman, firebug, charles, IE
Developer tools and code profiling tools like jProfiler; Hands-on
experience with Test Automation.
Benefits and perks:
* 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday
* Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost
* 100% paid dental insurance
* 100% paid vision insurance
* Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
* Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve
* Career growth: we love promoting from within
* Strong commitment to work/life balance
* Technology allowance
* Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Keywords: Delta Dental of California, Oakland , Software Test Engineer III, IT / Software / Systems , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!