Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (Sr. SDET)
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Are you looking to join an innovative organization powering
payments for the next generation of fintech and commerce
innovators? Marqeta has built the world's first open API issuer
processor platform from scratch, powering prepaid, debit, and
credit cards for the most recognizable names in financial
technology, alternative lending, on-demand services and e-commerce.
Marqeta has become the leader in payment innovation. Our company is
comprised of a team of industry experts, a dynamic approach to
working on challenging problems, and an open environment and
culture that is focused on ideas and innovation.
Not only do we have an inspiring and innovative culture, but only
Marqeta can offer you a chance to help redefine the payments
industry. As a testament to the company we've collectively built,
our world-class team voted Marqeta one of the Bay Area's Best
Places to Work.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a team
as diverse as the cities in which we operate. Underrepresented
populations are encouraged to apply.--
We are not expecting any single candidate to have an expertise
under all areas of our requirements section. Please apply if you
meet some but not all of the requirements.Position SummaryMarqeta
is a fast growing technology company with a one-of-a-kind culture.
We are devoted to providing meaningful career experiences through
challenging work, collaborative partnerships, and ongoing
We are looking for a quick-thinking, quality enthusiast who
understands releasing great software is not just about reactive
testing. As an Sr. SDET at Marqeta, you'll be proactively assessing
and mitigating risks for our API and Web platform releases, within
one of our exciting product verticals. You'll be solving big
quality challenges, coaching Software Engineers and Product
Managers in the art of quality testing and helping to create a
long-term vision of quality features for our members. You are a
passionate member of the team who wants to have high impact;
looking for a hands-on technical career. This isn't just about
"Quality Assurance"; we want you to help us create a better product
and proactively improve our quality efforts on the whole.About the
- Write and execute automation testing for REST APIs and
web-based applications as well as maintain existing automated tests
- Work with stakeholders for crafting test plans, resolving test
scenarios and constantly update the existing test sets.
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with
software engineers, designers, and product managers to release
revolutionary payment products.
- Pair with software engineers to identify and prevent gaps with
automation/regression coverage and even build frameworks.
- Be part of transforming monolithic applications into more
scalable and resilient distributed systems with high quality, using
- Learn a lot. We value continued learning and
- We follow a lightweight Scrum/Kanban methodology.
- Have 3+ years of experience or its equivalence in a software
- Experience working with large-scale test automation
- Experience with automation and performance testing for RESTful
APIs & Web applications.
- Experience with using and setting up performance testing tools
such as Gatling, LoadRunner, JMeter, etc.
- Bonus points for experience with Docker and Jenkins/Drone and
- Bonus points for experience in the Payments Industry and with
- Bonus points for experience in testing React
- Have the ability to solve complex problems with practical,
maintainable, and scalable solutions.
- Leverage your extensive experience in previous projects to
guard code quality and take opportunities to mentor
- Express what you know comfortably and confidently, especially
during code reviews.
- Accept feedback with eagerness to learn more.
- Self-aware with the desire to continually improve.
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we're growing and your
career with us will too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Bi-annual Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with
stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands
meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast
on Fridays, and more. Access to corporate gym membership rates and
other discounts and employee perks!
Keywords: Marqeta, Oakland , Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (Sr. SDET), IT / Software / Systems , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!