Senior Software Engineer (DevOps Engineer)
Company: Delta Dental of California
Posted on: September 13, 2019
AT DELTA DENTAL WE:
PROMOTE ACCOUNTABILITY, INTEGRITY AND COLLABORATION: Our employees
are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation
to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
FOSTER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Our employees take ownership of
developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and
providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying
VALUE CUSTOMERS AND CULTIVATE POSITIVE EXPERIENCES: Our employees
take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and
exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let s chat. We would love to
tell you more!
Follow us @lifeatDDins on Instagram, lifeatDDins on Facebook,
@lifeatDDins on Twitter
ABOUT DELTA DENTAL
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits
provider. As an employee you ll take part in our mission to become
the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities
and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an
ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on
pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms
of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take
pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values
of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of
companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the
U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc.,
Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company,
together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation s
largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million
enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of
members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39
Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who
execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for
today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of
high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping
commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our
leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and
motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our
employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and
challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems.
Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering
development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other s
strengths and sharing in successes.
You will be working as part of the DevOps team to automate the
application's deployment. Your experience and scripting skills will
be needed to help us automate the scaling and management of server
resources, implement code for zero-downtime deployments and to
facilitate DevOps practices. This position offers an outstanding
opportunity for a unique individual who possesses a solid
development, deployment, and operations background.
How you will make an impact:
* Work closely with Development, Operations, and Release Management
* Automate, implement, administer, and maintain, continuous
development and continuous deployment systems.
What we look for:
* In-depth knowledge of build and deployment automation
* An attitude and ability to take ownership and deliver a
high-quality product, on time.
* Experience of Kubernetes configuration, concepts, and
* 2+ years of containerization technology, with the skills to
configure, and manage Docker and docker images.
* 4+ years of work experience or strong knowledge of continuous
integration and continuous deployment.
* Experience of implementing DevOps in multiple companies.
* Experience in DevOps Architectural decisions, tools selection,
* Constant research and learning on new tools and technologies in
* Experience of Continuous build automation, with the skills to
configure and manage a Jenkins build server and set up and run
* Experience of coding Chef cookbooks given a set of deployment
specifications at the expert skill level.
* Experience with Linux/Unix Administration with an ability to code
shell, and either Perl or python scripts.
* Experience with a maven, and an artifact repository such as
Monotype or Artifactory.
* Experience of scripting a build for an application based on a set
* Experience with revision control systems-git, Github, subversion
with an emphasis on creating configurations using branching and
* An appreciation of REST, multi-tier application's architecture,
micro-services, and NodeJS.
* Familiarity with Git, AWS, Jenkins Pipelines, Code Deploy.
* An understanding of Jira, Kanban boards and agile
* Experience with Release Management.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Ability to work with remote teams.
* Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
* A passion for the development and deployment of high-quality
services with correctness and robustness.
Benefits and perks:
* 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday
* Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost
* 100% paid dental insurance
* 100% paid vision insurance
* Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
* Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve
* Career growth: we love promoting from within
* Strong commitment to work/life balance
* Technology allowance
* Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Keywords: Delta Dental of California, Oakland , Senior Software Engineer (DevOps Engineer), IT / Software / Systems , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!