Content Attorney-Real Estate Transactions
Company: CALIFORNIA MINORITY COUNSEL Program
Posted on: February 24, 2021
The International Legal Honor Society of Phi Delta Phi
- Content Attorney (Real Property Transactions) Content Attorney
(Real Property Transactions) We are--Continuing Education of the
Bar (CEB), providing innovative--resources--and practice-oriented
tools that help attorneys better serve their clients. From online
legal research and MCLE to forms solutions and print books, CEB
strives to make high-quality legal information accessible to
everyone, from rural solo practices to large law firms. CEB was
founded in 1947, with the mandate to educate veterans returning to
the practice of law after service in World War II.--As a
not-for-profit program of the University of California CEB is
driven by the needs of the California legal community--rather than
by profit margins. Unlike many other legal content providers, our
writing, editing, and production take place in-state and in-house,
so our customers can practice law with the solid assurance that
they are backed by the very best California-focused tools and
information. We are proud of what we do, and our customers' success
is our success. The Content Attorney is responsible for partnering
with subject matter experts and conducting legal research and
analysis in order to develop engaging legal content in multiple
formats. Working in creative Practice Area teams, the Content
Attorney will develop ideas and create new content in multiple
formats, repurpose existing content for multiple formats, recruit
contributors and speakers, participate in social networking and bar
association activities, and assist with the development of
Marketing copy. Additionally, this position will have the
opportunity to focus on one or more specific areas: Publications,
Learning, Team Leadership, Reporter Editors-In-Chief, New Content
Development, Bar Association Outreach, and Current Awareness/Legal
Developments. We are currently recruiting attorneys with practice
experience in real property transactions (especially leasing,
sales, and purchases).--
- Within Content Teams, develop ideas for new content: print,
- Create proposals for all new ideas including: customer market,
time for development, and potential cost.
- As assigned, and in collaboration with Product and Platform
department, recruit outside contributors and speakers to create new
- Develop and maintain robust outside contributor network.
- Edit materials received from outside contributors and speakers
- Use own expertise to create some content in-house.
- Ensures content development follows accepted processes and
standards focused around the target audience for optimal product
success in the market.
- Develop Learning curriculum and new learning programs for each
- Specialize in Publications, Digital Native Content, and/or
Programs and Learning Content
- Ensure all assigned content products have up-to-date legal
- Conducts thorough detailed evaluation of content in a variety
of formats and in close cooperation with authors, speakers, and
subject matter experts. Strives to achieve content that is correct,
clear, complete, current, legal, and consistent.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with
outside contributors and speakers, including recruiting and
developing a fresh and satisfied group of expert contributors who
make positive contributions to CEB content.
- Develop and maintain control of the content with all authors
and speakers. Manage outside contributors to ensure adherence to
- Edit legal content received from authors and speakers,
rewriting and reorganizing as necessary. Incorporate legal research
to emphasize practice-orientation and accessibility.
- Recruit new authors and speakers as necessary and
Feel free to contact hiring manager Philip Weverka with any
Apply through the CLA portal or by sending a resume and cover
letter to Philip Weverka: firstname.lastname@example.org. Requirements
- J.D. and admitted to State Bar of California or other
- Minimum of 2+ years of related law practice experience or 2+
years of legal editing experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; demonstrated command of
the English language
- Excellent project management skills, including supervision of
internal staff and resources and effective management of relations
with contributors and co-workers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in
fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized and self-motivated with demonstrated
initiative and creativity.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of current legal practice and
the challenges faced by legal practitioners
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to be flexible and proactive.
- Proficient in standard personal computer applications, such as
MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel), Westlaw, Lexis,
and cite checking programs. Knowledgeable in social media
platforms. Job Information
- Job ID: 54014738
Oakland, California, United States
- Position Title: Content Attorney (Real Property
- Company Name: CEB (Continuing Education of the Bar)
- Industry: Other
- Job Function: Attorney
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Experience: 2-3 Years
- Required Travel: 0-10% Please refer to the company's website or
job descriptions to learn more about them. Land Use Litigation
Associate Attorney (Oakland,...
Keywords: CALIFORNIA MINORITY COUNSEL Program, Oakland , Content Attorney-Real Estate Transactions, Legal , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!