Description Please note: Completion of job application is
required. Before submission, take a moment to review your profile
within the "edit your profile" tab. Data entered into the job
application is assessed for ability to follow directions.
Incomplete job applications will not be considered.
Resume attachment is required to be considered.
POSITION: Mobile Meals Facilitator – Alameda County
(DN1K4202 Food Services Coordinator)
DEPARTMENT: Garden Street Kitchen, Alameda County
SUPERVISOR: Head Chef
STATUS: Temporary Part-Time Time Employee, Max 28 hours per
The Salvation Army Mission Statement:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical
part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the
Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love for God. Its mission
is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in
His name without discrimination.
A. BASIC PURPOSE
The main function is to facilitate the day to day functions of
the temporary Mobile Meal Delivery programs form the Garden Street
kitchen. This includes the Mobile Sack Lunch delivery program for
low income and homeless adults and the new Breakfast Backpack
program for neighborhood children and youth.
B. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
I. MOBILE SACK LUNCH DELIVERY
1. Be the primary worker in the day to day activities of the
mobile sack lunch delivery program.
2. Communicate all food needs to Head Chef for ordering of
3. Carry out sign up days via mobile food delivery. Sign up as
many as possible at each site.
4. Keep records/sign up sheets for all customers in main program
5. Assemble/make daily lunches in kitchen area.
6. Load lunches into Social Service delivery vehicle for daily
distribution 4-5 days per week
7. Coordinate delivery of lunches to homeless encampments and
tiny home communities.
8. Create and include written information and referral handouts
for leveraging other available food programs once per week with
9. Complete daily statistical report for program and program
II. BREAKFAST BACKPACK DELIVERY
1. Coordinate sign ups for program with staff at Manzanita
2. Maintain inventory of all records of children in the
3. Maintain an active waiting list for additional children above
4. Assemble weekly backpacks (Sunday afternoon or evening each
week) for each child in the program.
5. Distribute menus for additional weeks for each child.
6. Distribute weekly backpacks each Monday morning.
7. Create and include written information and referral handouts
for leveraging other available food programs once per month with
8. Other related duties as assigned by supervisor, local Corps
officers, or Alameda County staff.
Requirements KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER
1. HS diploma.
2. Ability to keep ALL volunteer personnel matters
3. Experience in working with homeless populations.
4. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
5. Must be goal oriented, self-motivated and able to
6. Background knowledge of Salvation Army practices (policies
and procedures) and organization helpful.
7. Valid CA driver’s license.
D. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and
twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis.
• Ability to grasp, push, and/or pull objects.
• Ability to reach overhead.
• Ability to operate telephone.
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to operate a computer.
• Ability to process written, visual, and/or verbal
• Ability to operate basic office equipment and tools.
• Ability to travel between Corps to teach classes.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential
duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified
person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment
to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical
requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to
satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed would not
result in undue hardship.
This document in no way constitutes an offer of employment nor
act as terms and conditions of employment.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Minorities/Women/Veterans/People with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
OFCCP here .
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR