Job Description - Director, Finance Analytics (2000256)
Director, Finance Analytics - 2000256
At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students,
visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together
striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have
access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable
price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been
dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible,
cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit,
independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with
6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3
million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million
to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a
positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of
California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18
additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San
Diego. We’re excited to share Blue Shield of California has
received awards and recognition for – LGBT diversity, quality
improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay
Area’s top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the
world’s most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California,
we’re striving to make a positive change across our industry and
the communities we live in – Join us!
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Operations Finance, the role of
the Director, Operations Finance, is critical to the success of
Blue Shield of California achieving enterprise goals and
objectives. This individual will play a key role in leading the
Administrative Planning and Reporting process supporting Senior
Leaders over Customer Operations, Markets, Process Transformation,
and Finance functions.
Specifically, the Director, Operations Finance, role will be
• Provide Financial leadership to the Customer Operations,
Markets, Process Transformation, and Finance functions. Develop and
monitor financial plans to achieve short-term and long-range
business objectives of the supported functions. This includes
identification and implementation of key strategic initiatives to
drive business results and operating leverage.
• This position will be a key business and strategic partner to
the operational leaders of the supported functions. Ensuring the
supported Senior leaders hit their administrative expense targets
annually to position Blue Shield of California's to achieve
affordability goals and the mission.
• Leading the forecasts, annual budget, and long range plan
process for Senior leaders over the Customer Operations, Markets,
Process Transformation, and Finance functions. This includes
setting administrative expense and headcount targets, creating the
tracking process, timeline, reporting formats, etc.
• Manage reporting and monitoring of key financial and
operational performance metrics to drive operating leverage. Use
fact-based data to help drive improved business performance and
• Analyze complex data to identify critical data points and
discuss critical decision factors.
• Lead collaboratively the annual financial planning and
quarterly forecast process for supported functions.
• Initiate collaboration with other Operations Finance Directors
to identify best practices and improvement opportunities for the
Annual planning and monthly reporting process.
• Prepare and review business analysis reports and PowerPoint
• Manage a team of analysts to strengthen employee engagement
and ensure a Great Place to Work.
• Guide direct reports in setting career development goals,
exploring opportunities, and improving organizational
• Typically, requires a college degree or equivalent experience
and minimum 10 years prior relevant experience, including 5 years
of management experience.
• Bachelor’s degree required; emphasis on Finance of
business-related field preferred.
• Master’s degree in a business or health care field and/or
equivalent experience strongly preferred.
• Manages, coaches, develops, and engages high performing teams
that lead through change effectively.
• Exceptional skills in financial modeling to execute the
forecast, financial planning, and enterprise reporting
• Builds successful client relationships and seeks out and
connects with the right cross functional partners internally and
externally to develop solutions with an enterprise view.
• In-depth knowledge of Blue Shield of California’s mission,
vision and strategy and healthcare industry environment.
• Is an effective team member, as well as team leader and can
flex role to fit the broader team needs in different
• Clearly communicates Blue Shield of California’s vision and
strategy to areas of responsibility.
Key Job Competencies:
• Experience leading a fast-paced metrics driven
• Experience building and managing High Performance Work
• Communicate information strategically, delivering
• Strong business writing, analytical and mathematical
• Successful management experience in a complex managed care
environment like Blue Shield, and the responsibility for associated
budget and possess a performance-driven management style.
• Ability to lead and manage significant change. Demonstrated
experience with change and organization management.
• Demonstrated ability in the creation, development and
implementation of process improvement and the ability to instill
that focus in a team.
• Strong leadership skills, including excellent interpersonal,
communications, problem solving and negotiating skills.
• Operates with transparency, authentic engagement, and
commitment to enterprise goals.
• Operating finance experience, including a track record of
financial management at the division and operating level, as well
as the corporate level, is important.
• Demonstrated competence in managing rigorous financial
controls, financial management systems and enterprise performance
Primary Location : United States of
Other Locations : United States of America-California-Monterey
Park, United States of America-California-El Segundo, United States
of America-California-El Dorado Hills, United States of
Organization : Finance
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 11, 2020, 9:47:41 PM
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records
will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with
Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regards to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any
other classification protected by Federal, State and local