Resident Services Coordinator - Santa Clara
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Resident Relations and liaison with management for the
coordination and linkage of community, supportive and medical
services for residents of affordable housing communities. Conducts
resident assessments and education for resident, family and
- The Resident Services Coordinator facilitates the entry of new
residents to the community by providing orientation to the
apartment, community services such as (but not limited to)
housekeeping, maintenance, dining, transportation, security,
nursing, chaplaincy, programs and events, and Life Care Contract
- Provides individual listening and advisory services to
residents. Assists resident in locating support services for
personal concerns such as anxiety, bereavement, and depression.
Reviews notes and information collected to identify problems and
concerns, to define goals, and makes recommendations to management.
Interacts with other staff to discuss available solutions, new
resources or techniques, and to share information. Provides support
to residents and families when a move to higher level of care is
- The Resident Services Coordinator promptly reports noticeable
environmental or equipment repair needs to the maintenance
department. Advises residents and management of safety hazards
posed by a cluttered apartment and implements policy to bring
condition of the apartment into compliance. Prepares risk reports
for management with suggestions to prevent or minimize loss.
- May help resident access outside services including financial
management or a psychologist, if needed. Contacts vendors and
operating departments on behalf of residents to ensure that
services, supplies, and equipment are received by promised date.
May inspect products/services for quality and quantity to ensure
adherence to specifications and resident satisfaction.
- Contacts responsible parties to plan resident moves to higher
levels of care or out of the building within the community time
guidelines for apartment turn over.
- Explains policy, procedure and residents-- rights; addresses
resident concerns and performs other forms of
resident/administrative liaison. Organizes information obtained
from residents into memo form. Examines records such as bills and
related documents and correspondence, and converses or corresponds
with resident and staff to obtain facts regarding resident
complaint. May trace missing deliveries. May investigate overdue
service completion. Notifies resident and designated staff of
findings, adjustments, and recommendations such as refund of money,
credit of resident's account, or adjustment of resident's bill. May
follow up on recommended adjustments to ensure resident
satisfaction. Recommends improvements in services, policies, or
procedures to prevent future complaints of similar nature to
- The Resident Services Coordinator assists with new staff
orientation in the areas of new resident orientation, resident
rights, and resident confidentiality.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Compassionate, supportive, and emotionally mature professional,
able to remain responsive to resident needs while attending to
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively
with residents, families, vendors, and the interdisciplinary care
- Ability to understand and uphold policies, procedures and
regulations applicable to different levels of care
Education and Qualifications
- BA in Human Services, Social Services, Gerontology or Business
- Two years' experience in an equivalent position working with
- Extensive experience in coaching, counseling and problem
Keywords: Covia, Oakland , Resident Services Coordinator - Santa Clara, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!