Customer Support Representative
Posted on: November 23, 2020
The Group: The Products group is the home of manufacturing and
innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform
our high-quality data, independent research, and technological
expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients. The
group's product management, product development, and service teams
collaborate with our Client Solutions group to help provide clients
with relevant products and bundled solutions.
The Role: Client Support Representatives (CSRs) provide "smart,
fast, and nice" end-user support on-demand via phone, email, chat
or other "remote" tools. CSRs are considered the first line of
support for our products, and engage with end-users across various
customer segments, including individuals, advisors, and
institutions. They are support generalists with a practical level
of knowledge across a range of products and customer types and
expertise spanning usage, investment, and basic technical
This position will be based in our Oakland, Maryland office.
- Responding to client (end-user) questions/inquiries via
telephone, email, and (in the future) chat in a complete, accurate,
and timely manner in accordance with service level standards
- Troubleshooting client issues and resolving or escalating
- Managing occasionally unhappy client interactions and
de-escalating emotionally charged situations when necessary.
- Balancing service-delivery efficiency with quality of care
- Continuous process improvement, looking for smarter and better
ways to serve clients
- Ongoing education and skill-building (self-administered as well
as centrally administered) with respect to service process,
investing, product, and customer context
- Ad hoc projects designed to leverage product/client knowledge
while gaining exposure to other areas outside of customer
- Providing feedback to sales and product teams regarding
potential business opportunities and product innovations, based on
insights gained through service interactions with clients and
analysis of support data/logs
- Participating in the onboarding/training of new CSRs and other
new hires who can benefit from product and client understanding
- Excellent written and oral communication, with excellent
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with high
attention to detail, and excellent time management.
- Proficiency with Windows-based applications.
- Fast learner, flexible and proven ability to work in a
demanding environment with strong multi-tasking skills.
- Sound client service skills with a proactive approach, and take
ownership of issues as they arise.
- An interest in the investment industry.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Morningstar, Oakland , Customer Support Representative, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!