Invasive Cardiovascular Specialist - On Call
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: February 15, 2021
Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser
Permanente is moving to a virtual recruitment process including
telephone and video interviews to help ensure the health and safety
of our employees, candidates, and communities. Also, some hiring
activities may be delayed or suspended in certain geographic areas
and job categories. For more information on Kaiser Permanente's
response to COVID-19, visit our Resource Center . Work one-on-one
with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and
specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care
delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies
and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize
your potential. Invasive Cardiovascular Specialist - On Call
Location: Oakland, CA Job Number: 928959 Date posted: 12/28/2020
Submit Interest Description: Reporting to the Manager, Cardiac Cath
Lab/Special Procedures, the Invasive Cardiovascular Specialist is
responsible for performing a wide variety of specialized invasive
cardiovascular diagnostic and therapeutic procedures that assist in
the diagnosis, management, and treatment of cardiovascular
- Performs specialized & routine diagnostic & interventional
- Assists qualified physicians in fluoroscopic & special x-ray
- Records, stores, retrieves, & analyzes data obtained during
- Monitors the patient to recognize changes in ECG rhythm &
pressure, document & immediately communicates to the corresponding
- Assists w/ procedures, ensuring maximum compliance to principles
of aseptic technique by self & members of the team.
- Provides imaging during procedures.
- Completes documentation, reports & data entry on computerized
- Maintains & evaluates equipment, performs quality control tests,
troubleshoots & performs minor repairs as needed.
- Sets-up, maintains & monitors IABP equipment.
- Acts as preceptor or assist in the training of new staff as well
as functions as the department resource person.
- Identifies continuous quality improvement issues & assist w/
quality assurance program.
- Complies w/ requirements for being on off-hour stand-by coverage
for emergent cardiac catheterization in dedicated cath labs or
cadiac catheterization & interventional radiology procedures.
- Reports for call duty within defined time frames.
- Functions independently & autonomously when on stand-by duty.
- Demonstrates & applies knowledge in specialty area & takes
responsibility to maintain necessary knowledge, skills &
- Completes required continuous training & education, including
department specific requirements.
- Complies w/ established personal protective equipment
requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood &
other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants,
radiation, asbestos, & other hazardous substances.
- Demonstrates knowledge & skills necessary to provide age
appropriate care to patients served within the unit.
- Performs hemodynamic & dysrhythmia monitoring & documentation of
procedures, which may include, but is not limited to the following:
Right heart cath, Left heart cath, Coronary angiography, Graft
angiography, Pulmonary angiography, Menthegine provocation study,
IHSS studies, Temporary pacemakers, Permanent pacemaker
implantation, Intra-aortic Balloon insertion, Aortic stenosis
studies, Valvuloplasties, Patent Foreman Ovale Closures,
Intravascular Ultrasounds, Rotablations.
- Operates & troubleshoots hemodynamic computer systems including
transducer balancing digital imaging transfer, storage, & retrieval
systems in addition to dispensing patient CDs to appropriate
Hospitals & Physicians.
- Familiarity w/ the Crash Cart & the CVT/Invasive Cardiovascular
Specialist role in CPR & defibrillation during a Code Blue
- Responsible for Quality Control on radiology imaging
- Weekly Fluoroscopy checks & radiation protection for the medical
staff & Physicians.
- Responsible for monthly statistics & quarterly film badge
- Assists the RN w/ admission process; continuously monitors &
assists the physician & RNs during cardiac cath in dedicated cath
labs or cardiac cath & interventional radiology procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned. Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Radiologic Technology.
- Completion of sixteen (16) week training program in
cardiopulmonary technology upon hire.
- Must possess current BLS, ACLS, and California Fluoroscopy
- Must possess a current CRT license.
- Knowledge of contrast media (ionic vs. nonionic).
- Knowledge of coronary artery anatomy and cardiac physiology in
relation to invasive cardiac procedures.
- Demonstrated competence with critical thinking, interpersonal,
and technical skills.--
- For a dedicated cath lab, demonstrated proficiency and competency
in performing Cardiac Cath and PCI, within six (6) months of
- For a combo lab, demonstrated proficiency and competency in
performing Cardiac Cath, PCI and Interventional procedures, within
six (6) months of hire.
- Ability to perform all general diagnostic and routine
fluoroscopic duties on patients of all ages as determined by
- Excellent verbal, written and non-verbal communication
- History of providing efficient, high quality service to patients
in a courteous, caring manner and interacting effectively with
co-workers in a Labor/Management Partnership environment. Primary
Location: California,Oakland,Oakland Broadway Medical Offices
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 1 Shift: Day Workdays: On Call Working
Hours Start: On Call Working Hours End: On Call Job Schedule:
Call-in/On-Call Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: A01-SEIU-United Healthworkers Job
Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Imaging / Radiology
Department: Interventional Radiology Travel: No Kaiser Permanente
is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and
inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming
career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you! Sign
up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Oakland , Invasive Cardiovascular Specialist - On Call, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!