Data Operations Associate
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Everlaw is looking for our next Data Operations Associate to
join our Customer Success team! As a Data Operations Associate,
you'll play a key role for our clients by resolving technical
issues with their electronic data in various formats. Through
exceptional attention to detail and technical expertise, you'll be
responsible for electronic data analysis, data ingestion, quality
control, and consulting with clients on complex data migrations. By
operationalizing data and data processing, your work will directly
impact one of the core parts of Everlaw's business and critical for
the litigation and investigations hosted on our platform. At
Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth.
Our company culture is open and democratic and we're committed to
the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual
learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with
managers regarding career goals. If you're looking for a place that
values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn,
we'd love to hear from you! Think you're missing some of the skills
and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the 'perfect'
candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring
value to our team.-- Please note that this is not a Data Scientist
role. This is a full-time, nonexempt position located onsite in
Oakland, California.-- In the first few months, you will
- Become Everlaw Uploads Certified and learn other tools to
troubleshoot issues with various document file types, while working
with our developers to find product solutions when necessary.
- Own the process of uploading client data into our platform and
being responsible for data quality and timeliness.
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you'll
bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team, we don't
expect you to know everything on Day 1.
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will
integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our
policies, processes, team structure, and goals. Moving forward, you
- Be a subject matter expert for internal and external
communications related to data management, ingestions, analysis and
handling production data.
- Participate & lead database migrations from various platforms
onto the Everlaw platform.
- Collaborate with Product, Design & Engineering on features to
further improve Everlaw's uploading capabilities.
- Work closely with your Team Lead to build out professional
goals and pathways. About You
- You have technical fluency in ediscovery and are familiar with
data ingestion in ediscovery platforms. You are also familiar with
other technical platforms including all MS Office applications,
zip/compression tools, data manipulation tools, and have an
interest in learning new technologies.
- You have excellent multi-tasking abilities, attention to detail
and managing multiple responsibilities at the same time.
- You strive to make improvements and develop new processes to
ensure tasks are done efficiently.
- You are drawn to solving problems and enjoy digging into
complex data questions by challenging your assumptions and
expanding your knowledge in creative ways.
- You function both in a team environment and be resourceful as
an independent contributor, thriving at meeting deadlines in a
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note
that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any
- You have significant experience with litigation technology
tools (Relativity, LAW, Concordance) and the associated data
formats (DAT, OPT, LFP, DII).
- You have experience with processing electronically stored
- You have experience with Python in relation to data
- You have experience with project management.
- Substantial equity--
- 401k with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and
applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored--life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and
dozens of restaurants
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize
your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events-- We help law
firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions
of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find
the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your
metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by
service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge
technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing
very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with
all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of
the most high-profile cases litigated today.-- If you're looking
for an open, democratic company culture that values passion,
integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you. Everlaw
is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a
diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee
or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin,
disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital
status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis
protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender
expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests
for preferred pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all
applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to
nondiscrimination and equal opportunity, including the California
Equal Pay Act .
Keywords: Everlaw, Oakland , Data Operations Associate, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!