Senior IT Tech Operations Lead
Company: Blue Shield of California
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Are you looking to build your career in--IT Operations &
Support--and be part of a growing and dynamic team? We've got a
great opportunity to be part of a start-up business with the
resources and leadership of an experienced next-generation clinical
and services organization. We believe that people are our greatest
asset and looking for an exceptional--IT Tech Operations Lead,
Principal--to join the--Altais Corporate Technology Team--and
deliver inspired solutions that change the way healthcare is
delivered. -- As the Senior IT Tech Operations Lead, you will be
primarily responsible overseeing the IT Support team for Altais
(currently provided by a managed services partner), ensuring we
provide exemplary support to our users. In addition, you will also
be responsible for various IT Operations functions within Altais,
including policies, procedures, and documentation. As part of a
cross-functional team, you will work directly with the Enterprise
Infrastructure and Technical Operations team as well as Security,
Human Resources, and the Product teams.-- This position is located
in our San Francisco Montgomery Street location and will move to
our brand new Oakland City Center location in 2021.
- Manages the IT relationship for assigned service domain.
- Lead one or more teams of IT Service Analysts that interface
with technology managers, technical Leads, and all parts of the IT
organization and relevant vendors to deliver services that meet the
- Directs a matrix of technical services support teams (Incident,
Problem, Change, SLA, Readiness, etc.).
- Develops and implements strategic plans regarding technical
service requirements, including service needs analysis, feasibility
planning, legacy and emerging services assessments and service
- Works closely with key IT unit managers to acquire service
- Operates in a consultative role with IT unit managers.
- Responsible for ensuring that services meet service needs and
provide the value as designed.
- Implements strategic direction for the project, service unit or
- Actively participate in the creation, implementation,
management, and continual improvement of a "Shared Services" model
in which Altais is supported by both a managed services partner and
our parent organization that both provide technical services. This
model will likely extend to current and future mergers and
acquisitions by Altais.
- In alignment with the Director, helps revise, craft and
implement technology policies including those related to
workstations, mobile devices, and accessories.--
- Supports the IT Service Management (ITSM) and ticketing systems
as appropriate (FreshService, ServiceNow, Jira), including
assisting in the selection, evaluation, implementation, operation,
and upgrades, in coordination with applicable stakeholders.
- Manages company device lifecycle, including forecasting
hardware needs, assisting in the procurement process, receiving,
inventory, configuring, deployment, on-going support, and
- Coordinates with the managed services partner to manage the
imaging, deployment, configuration, upgrade, and asset tracking of
all devices provided to employees and contractors.
- Coordinates with the managed services partner on the day-to-day
management of the Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions (Jamf
Pro, Intune), including securing lost/stolen devices.
- Responsible for coordinating with the managed services partner
on the deployment of standardized operating system images,
including on-going support and maintenance of the master
- Responsible for supporting telephony systems, including
equipment such as VoIP phones (RingCentral, WebEx), and meeting
room telephony/technologies (WebEx, Microsoft Teams, Teem,
- Responsible for coordination with Corporate Security team on
security badge issuance.
- Accountable for establishing and adhering to key metrics
illustrating the effectiveness of the technical support teams.
- Troubleshoots and resolves escalated issues. Knowledge and
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the
execution of processes, projects and tactics within Information
- Has advanced knowledge and skills including IT, Service
Management expertise, service acumen, financial analysis skills,
risk management, delegation skills, critical thinking and decision
- Typically, requires a BA or BS in Computer Science, Information
Technology, Management Information Systems, or related field (or
equivalent experience) and a minimum 7-year prior relevant
experience, including 3 years of working in a HIPAA/HITECH
- Minimum 4 years of experience leading diverse functional
- Certification and continued education in technical domain and
functional area(s) a plus.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills with broad
understanding of other areas within IT and other business unit
- Self-directed, works with limited management direction and
exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives
- The ideal candidate has at least 7 years of experience
providing technical support to end users, support computing devices
in a corporate environment, and possesses advanced technical skills
focused on resolving the needs of internal users.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience working with and
managing enterprise systems, including Microsoft Office 365,
Microsoft Active Directory, Mobile Device Management platforms
(Jamf Pro, Intune, VMWare Workspace One/AirWatch), Windows Server,
Group Policies, Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) platforms,
Anti-Virus/Malware products (Sophos Central, CrowdStrike), and
endpoint encryption solutions (BitLocker, FileVault, Sophos
Central).-- You Share our Mission & Values
- You are passionate about improving the healthcare experience
and want to be part of the Altais mission.
- You are bold and curious- willing to take risks, try new things
and be creative.
- You take pride in your work and are accountable for the quality
of everything you do, holding yourself and others to a high
- You are compassionate and are known as someone who demonstrates
emotional intelligence, considers others when making decisions and
always tries to do the right thing.
- You co-create, knowing that we can be better as a team than
individuals. You work well with others, collaborating and valuing
diversity of thought and perspective.
- You build trust with your colleagues and customers by
demonstrating that you are someone who values honesty and
transparency. Additional Information
- About Company: At Altais, we're looking for bold and curious
innovators who share our passion for enabling better health care
experiences and revolutionizing the healthcare system for
physicians, patients, and the clinical community. Doctors today are
faced with the reality of spending more time on administrative
tasks than caring for patients. Physician burnout and fatigue are
an epidemic, and the healthcare experience and quality suffer as a
result. At Altais, we're building breakthrough clinical support
tools, technology, and services to let doctors do what they do
best: care for people. Come join us as an early member of our
passionate and growing team as we change the game for the future of
healthcare and enable the experience that people need and
- EEO Footer: Altais is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blue Shield
of California. Candidates hired to work for Altais, Altais Health,
and Altais Clinical Services will be employed by California
Physicians' Services dba Blue Shield of California. External hires
must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with
arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for
employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local
laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran
status or disability status and any other classification protected
by Federal, State and local laws
- Schedule: Full-time My Profile Create and manage profiles for
future opportunities. Altais is an Equal opportunity Employer .All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, gender, identity, sexual orientaion, or Veteran
Keywords: Blue Shield of California, Oakland , Senior IT Tech Operations Lead, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!