Associate Product Lead
Posted on: April 5, 2021
As an Associate Product Lead, you will have a direct impact on
the product by owning features from the beginning to the end of
their lifecycle. In this entry level position, you will become an
expert on our product, define problems, and propose solutions that
meet our users' core needs. You will work collaboratively with our
design and development team, developing critical thinking and
product leadership skills in the process. You will become adept at
rigorous feature testing to ensure feature quality and generating
user-facing documentation to educate our users. Finally, you will
fill a supporting role on our largest initiatives on our roadmap
and be given opportunities to learn from, collaborate with, and
challenge other Product Leads as you work together to bring these
big ideas to life. At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by
illuminating truth. Our company culture is open and democratic and
we're committed to the professional growth of our team members,
offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular
check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you're looking
for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a
desire to learn, we'd love to hear from you! Think you're missing
some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in
the 'perfect' candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you
can bring value to our team. Associate Product Leads will report to
the Product Lead Manager and will receive consistent support and
mentorship from an assigned product reviewer on most features. This
is a full-time, exempt position located onsite in Oakland,
California. In the first few months, you will:
- Become an expert on our product and learn about our user's
- Complete the six-week onboarding process, getting to know the
team along the way.
- Lead a small feature from start to finish, with support and
mentorship from your manager and a product reviewer.
- Test features in the development pipelineand publish
user-facing documentation (support articles and videos) to develop
competencies in critical product lead skills.
- Immediately become a participant in design discussions and
larger team meetings (and voicing your opinion on improving our
processes, product, and beyond!).
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will
integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our
policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you will
bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team, but we
don't expect you to know everything on Day 1. You will have time to
develop your product knowledge and get up to speed on all aspects.
In your first year, you will:
- Release multiple features that you own from start to
- Test features and publish support documentation for monthly
- Lead small prioritized features with limited direction, assess
core user needs, propose solutions, critically analyze tradeoffs in
order to make reasonable product decisions, and solicit feedback
effectively from key stakeholders.
- Apply user research, testing, and documentation skills to at
least one large roadmap initiative while collaborating with more
senior members of the product team. About you
- You excel at written and verbal communication.
- You are a critical thinker who enjoys creative problem
- You are self-motivated and are comfortable taking
- You are a collaborative team-player.--You have an interest in
technology and user experience.
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note
that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any
- You have experience with data analysis platforms such as Google
- You have some experience with creating documentation or
- Substantial equity--
- 401(k) with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care
- Fully paid pregnancy and bonding leaves for new parents
(including adoptive and foster)
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental
health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and
applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored--life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and
dozens of restaurants.
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize
your desk setup.
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events.-- We help law
firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions
of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find
the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your
metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by
service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge
technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing
very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with
all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of
the most high-profile cases litigated today.-- If you're looking
for an open, democratic company culture that values passion,
integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you. Everlaw
is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a
diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee
or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin,
disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital
status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis
protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender
expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests
for pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable
national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and
equal opportunity, including the California Equal Pay Act .
Keywords: Everlaw, Oakland , Associate Product Lead, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!