RN Site Supervisor Daly City, CA
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
RN Site Supervisor Daly City, CAThe RoleTo be successful, the RN
Site Supervisor will create an operational environment and value
system, which fosters teamwork and stimulates a mindful and
productive team.Duties and Essential Job Functions
- Ensures compliance with Blood Systems, SOP, FDA and AABB
standards; and for ensuring successful blood collection
- Responsible for the leadership and supervision of the Stem Cell
Collection Center operations including production, excellence in
customer and donor service, and quality compliance for blood,
cells, tissue products and apheresis donations.
- Collect and assist in donation procedures as appropriate
including operational oversight of the Apheresis System. --
- Responsible for the determination of donor eligibility,
management of donor reactions and/or incidents, review of External
Infectious Disease Testing (EIDS) and donor notification of
eligibility to donate per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Confer with the Stem Cell Collection Center Physician(s) and/or
Medical Director for technical, donor safety and eligibility
issues, documenting results and outcomes as applicable.
- Follow applicable SOPs for any medical emergencies or adverse
- Comply with Federal, State, SE SOPs and Policies, and
requirements related to quality of product, staff and donor safety
and to the safe and accepted performance of day-to-day center
- Supervise staff including the hiring, training, evaluation,
discipline and recognition to ensure a well-qualified team and to
enhance operational and business success.
- Establish and maintain all necessary shifts to manage
workload.Other Functions and Responsibilities
- Minimize center liability through ongoing risk management
review, assessment, and implementation of risk mitigation plans
- Meet or exceed donor, supervisor, and internal and external
customer's service expectations and seek customer feedback to
improve Donor Center services.
- Ensure effective internal and external communications between
functional teams to foster teamwork and enhance operational success
and support strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for the management of Donor Center inventory,
supplies and ordering, and the maintenance and/or routine service
and calibration of scientific and technical instrumentation and
- Oversee and ensure a clean and functioning Donor Center
facility through a daily, weekly, monthly and/or annual cleaning
and maintenance program.
- Provide strategic direction and planning by identifying
potential business opportunities and initiating ongoing process
- Identify and modify departmental procedures for enhanced
efficiencies and for improved quality and compliance of both
product and workflow/environment.
- Consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly reporting
deadlines, generating ad hoc operational and/or business reports,
and maintains the department's operational records.
- Ensure meeting financial targets and adheres to required
financial reporting and other financial responsibilities.
- Implement effective corrective action plans as appropriate for
non-compliance, customer complaints, departmental deviations and
assists quality compliance meeting company, regulatory, and
customer requirements to safeguard product and the safety of donors
- Facilitate all tours of approved outside guests to insure
confidentiality of donors and client projects.
- Practice Good Documentation Practices (GDP), Good Manufacturing
Practices (GMP), Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and participate in
- This will be achieved through quality objectives, audit
results, analysis of data, and corrective and preventive actions
(CAPA) and the ongoing review of CAPA observations and improvement
initiatives.Reporting RelationshipsThe RN Site Supervisor will have
supervisory oversight for Stem Cell Collection Center staff.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- 2-3 years supervisory experience or 2-3 years in influential
position in a medical, quality, or regulated environment
- Strong Phlebotomy skills
- Possesses strong organizational skills and attention to details
to handle multiple tasks, short timelines (deadlines), frequent
interruptions, and shifting priorities in support of changing
customer and business needs.
- Demonstrates excellent critical reasoning, decision making, and
problem solving skills to analyze situations, determine risks, find
solutions to prevent future issues and resolve recurring
- Strong leadership, training, written and verbal communication,
and interpersonal and presentation skills to drive results.
- Experience in a medical clinic environment
- Hands on training and additional on the job training
- A valid driver's license.
- Must be able to lift over 30 lbs.Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with Apheresis or whole blood donation and
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education,
training and experience.----
- Understand regulatory standards, various local, state, federal
laws that apply to the business and where to find information on
standards and interpretations.
- Proven skills in budgeting and financial management.
- Intermediate to excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite of tools and electronic health
- Excellence in sterile aseptic techniques preferably in a
- Blood Banking experience.Required Licenses/Certifications
- State Registered Nurse License
- BLSWhy Kelly--?Kelly Science & Clinical is your connection to
premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented
people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals
with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we
think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science
recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so
we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you
noticed.About Kelly--At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's
next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their
full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around
the world. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to,
minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected
veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment
Opportunity is The Law.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, Oakland , RN Site Supervisor Daly City, CA, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!