Company: Center for Biological Diversity
Posted on: May 3, 2021
General Position Overview
The Climate Law Institute wages innovative legal and grassroots
campaigns to protect people, wildlife and ecosystems from climate
change and the fossil fuel industry. Our team works for the
successful implementation of law and policy to eliminate greenhouse
gas pollution and speed a just transition to 100 percent clean,
The Paralegal will provide paralegal, legal secretarial and
administrative support to a dynamic team to support litigation,
policy advocacy, grassroots organizing and media outreach. The
working environment is fast-paced, exciting and supportive.
The position is full time and will be located in our Oakland or
Los Angeles office.
- Preparation of legal documents, including cite checking,
completing tables of contents and authorities for briefs,
proofreading, formatting, and ensuring compliance with court rules
in a variety of state and federal jurisdictions.
- Filing and serving legal documents and maintenance of legal
dockets, including e-filing, serving documents by certified mail,
making courtesy/chambers copies, corresponding with Clerks'
offices, and related tasks.
- Assistance with maintenance of the Center's litigation-tracking
database and calendar management of administrative actions,
internal deadlines, and court filings.
- Maintenance of electronic databases for filings and program
- Preparation and indexing of administrative records and
appendices/excerpts of record in litigation.
- Maintenance of legal library, including updating of court rules
and reference material.
- Finalizing comment letters, including retrieval of online
- Factual and some legal research.
- Assisting with the planning and handling of internal and
external meetings, travel and conference arrangements.
- Assisting with event coordination such as public presentations,
rallies, and hearings.
Salary Range: $45,000-60,000 dependent on experience
- Paid generous medical, dental and vision plan.
- Paid short- and long-term disability.
- 403(b) plan with opportunity for match.
- Informal and collegial work atmosphere.
Application process: Please apply online by uploading a cover
letter, a rsum, a writing sample and three to five references with
your application. The position will remain open until filled. No
telephone calls, please. Only candidates selected for interviews
will be contacted.
The Center for Biological Diversity deeply values justice,
equity, diversity, and inclusion.
We are committed to sustaining and promoting both biological and
cultural diversity. We welcome, embrace and respect diversity of
people, identities and cultures. We are committed to fostering an
organizational culture of diversity and inclusion. The Center
believes staff and board diversity is critical to saving life on
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Center for Biological Diversity, Oakland , Paralegal/Legal Assistant, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!