Important Update: In response to the COVID-19
pandemic, Kaiser Permanente is moving to a virtual recruitment
process including telephone and video interviews to help ensure the
health and safety of our employees, candidates, and communities.
Also, some hiring activities may be delayed or suspended in certain
geographic areas and job categories. For more information on Kaiser
Permanentes response to COVID-19, visit our Resource Center .
Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to
driving environmental services at our facilities to managing
product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and
materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of
our medical centers and business facilities.
Lead, Supplier Quality Management
Oakland, CA Job Number:
935976 Date posted:
03/02/2021 Submit Interest
Responsible for all sourcing/procurement activities for assigned
categories. Develop and implement a sourcing management strategy
for these assigned categories. Identify, develop and manage
supplier relationships. Effectively negotiate contracts and long
term procurement agreements. Develop and propose metrics to analyze
supplier total cost to Kaiser.
- Responsible for performing all sourcing/procurement activities
for the assigned categories.
- Develops and implements a sourcing management strategy for these
- Identifies, develops and manages supplier relationships.
- Effectively negotiates contracts and long term procurement
- Develops and proposes metrics to analyze supplier total cost to
- Participates in the change management programs to establish
processes and procedures.
Minimum seven (7) years of experience in a combination of
purchasing, materials management, warehouse operations, goods and
services contracting, construction contracting, finance or other
- Bachelor's degree in business administration,
finance, operations research, materials management, economics or
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience in
employing strategic souring methodology.
- Experience in large contract negotiations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Health care or
retail experience preferred.
- Experience working in a project-based and unionized environment
- Master's degree preferred.
- Professional certification such as C.P.M. or APICS
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Working Hours Start:
08:00 AM Working
04:00 PM Job Schedule:
Full-time Job Type:
Regular Employee Group/Union
NUE-PO-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job
Individual Contributor Department:
Po/Ho Corp - Strategic Sourcing - 0308 Travel:
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Learn About Facilities Services & Materials Management
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an
upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate
to your interests.