Automation Technician II
Company: METTLER TOLEDO
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are currently hiring an Automation Technician II to join our
manufacturing operations in Oakland, California. The Automation
Technician performs production equipment assembly, test,
prototyping, service, and troubleshooting duties.
In this role, your responsibilities would include:
- Providing support to automation equipment technicians while
they troubleshoot and maintain production equipment
- Sustaining production automation equipment on high volume
production line focusing on improving
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
Additional vocational training desirable.
- A strong can-do and resourceful attitude
- Operate effectively in a fast paced team environment 3-5 or
more years of experience with automation equipment designing,
developing and sustaining complex electro-mechanical systems and
- At least 5 years of experience with relevant technologies such
as sensors, electronics, controls, pneumatics, valves, and
- Ability to document and communicate technical details
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and data analysis
skills 3D CAD skills and proficiency with standard computer
- Preferably, injection molding, assembly, and packaging in a
clean room environment
- Preferably, experience with relevant technologies such as
sensors, electronics, controls, pneumatics, valves, and mechanisms
and SCADA systems
- Preferably, programming experience (PLCs, Visual Basic)
- Preferably, lean manufacturing knowledge
- Preferably, database maintenance
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings
plan with company matching all starting on date of hire.
- Tuition reimbursement, educational matching gift program,
parental leave benefits as well as perks and discounts.
- All the benefits you would expect from a global leader such as
paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability,
basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee
Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits.
- Global market strength and worldwide leadership in
- A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision,
quality, and innovation.
- Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards.
- A commitment to extraordinary service on our state-of-the-art
ber Mettler Toledo
Working at Mettler Toledo means you are impacting the world in
important ways. Our precision measuring devices span the world's
laboratories, production facilities, and retail stores. We design,
manufacture and service instruments that detect, measure, and weigh
- from the infinitely small to the largest of vehicles or
airplanes. Working with us means food products are free of
contaminants and substances are measured to the highest accuracy
requirements for use across the largest manufacturing and
pharmaceutical firms. Mettler Toledo Rainin manufactures pipettes,
one of the most basic tools used in every type of chemistry
laboratory and many kinds of biological laboratories. Rainin's
pipettes consistently rank among the top premium pipette brands in
North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We give consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Keywords: METTLER TOLEDO, Oakland , Automation Technician II, Other , oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!