Front Desk Coordinator
Company: MedBridge Development
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Surgery Center of Oakland is dedicated to delivering the
highest quality services from top of the line professionals in a
comfortable and convenient environment. The Surgery Center of
Oakland 's goal is to exceed patient expectations and guarantee
satisfaction as an exceptional outpatient alternative to inpatient
- Greet patients and guests upon arrival
- Collect appropriate information for the patient chart.
- Organize and prepare charts.
- Collect appropriate co-pays and patient balances at time of
- Answer telephone and direct call to appropriate person
- Schedule patient surgical procedures
- Confirm patient appointments
- Take accurate messages with appropriate detail
- Obtain clinic notes and imaging reports for patient scheduling
from referring doctors
- Verify insurance eligibility, benefits and pre-certification
for commercial surgical candidates
- Communicate with patients regarding procedure benefits and
expected payment outcomes.
- File and archive charts
- Scan reports into charts and provide patient packets through
email when necessary
- Help to ensure the confidentiality, security, and physical
safety of patient records
- Assist in maintaining inventory and ordering of paper and
environmental service supplies
- Help on procedure days in maintaining an orderly flow of
patients and personnel through ASC
- Able to open and close the center
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by physician or
To perform in this position successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Organization: Prioritize and plan work activities.
- Problem Solving: Use time efficiently; Identify and resolve
problems in a timely manner; Develop alternate solutions.
- Judgment: Gather and analyze information in a skillful manner;
Includes appropriate personnel in decision making process; Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment
- Task Management: Effectively juggle multiple tasks.
- Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Patience Service: Look for ways to improve and promote quality
and efficiency Respond promptly to patient's needs; Maintain
composure and professionalism at all times; Excellent telephone
techniques and rapport.
- Adaptability: Able to deal with frequent changes, delays or
unexpected events; Able to work well under pressure.
- Dependability: Complete tasks on time or notifies appropriate
person of alternate plan.
- Teamwork: Balance team and individual responsibilities;
Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Safety and Security: Maintain patient confidentiality; Observes
safety and security procedures; Adheres to the center's Policies
and Procedures and HIPAA guidelines.
Powered by JazzHR
- High school graduate or equivalent
- General office experience
- Must have current BLS certification.
- Has full command of the English language, both verbal and
Keywords: MedBridge Development, Oakland , Front Desk Coordinator, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!