Data Scientist, Radio & Music Informatics Science
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading
audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely
positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering
the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences
to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our
talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the
forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our
current openings below and atwww.siriusxm.com/careers.
In this role you'll be working on a team designing,
building, and testing the next innovations that will delight
millions of listeners. You will have access to billions of hours of
music listening history across hundreds of millions of listeners
who have provided a hundred billion thumbs on their stations and
playlists. And truly unique to SiriusXM + Pandora, you'll be
working with extremely rich and diverse interlinked music metadata,
including annotations of our expert musicologists with the Music
Genome Project's 450+ musical characteristics. With these resources
at your fingertips, we want your help to make sure we always pick
that perfect next song for our listeners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and A/B-test improvements and innovations to
SiriusXM + Pandoras algorithmic radio, playlist, and
- Improve upon SiriusXM + Pandoras content understanding
capabilities through audio and metadata analysis.
- Partner closely with product, analytics, and engineering
- Masters Degree in a quantitative field (CS, EE,
Statistics, Physics, Math, etc.)
- PhD Degree in a quantitative field (CS, EE, Statistics,
Physics, Math, etc.) or 2+ years industry experience working as a
Requirements and General Skills:
- Experience designing and building machine learning systems or
recommender systems or music information retrieval systems.
- Solid understanding of A/B testing concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a small team.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and
- Proficiency with Python, Scala, or Java.
- Experience with SQL (or equivalent).
- Experience with distributed computed systems (e.g., Spark,
- Familiarity with common machine learning libraries (e.g.,
scikit-learn, Tensorflow, etc.).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and
maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect,
professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal
opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of
actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin,
ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or
handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status,
veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local
The requirements and duties described above may be modified
or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without
Keywords: SiriusXM, Oakland , Data Scientist, Radio & Music Informatics Science, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!