School Nurse (RN)
Company: Seneca Center
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The School Nurse is responsible and accountable for prescribing,
implementing, and evaluating the nursing care delivered within
their shift, and for utilizing the nursing process to provide
assessment, treatment planning, and evaluation of client care
within designated clinical areas. The Nurse is responsible for
meeting all regulatory documentation standards. The Nurse
participates in the multidisciplinary team, QA and UR activities.
The Nurse acts as a clinical role model and provides nursing
consultation to staff within the assigned areas of
"Being a nurse at Seneca has been an incredible, enriching and
educational experience."- Seneca Nurse
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing
traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding
mental health, community based, and educational services. We are
committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages
people of color to apply. Our programs are deeply engaged in
conversations and trainings on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in
order to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we
- Evaluates illness or injuries - charting.
- Monitors Physician orders for medication or treatment.
- Monitors prescriptions filled at outside pharmacies.
- Maintains working relationships with Pediatricians,
Specialists, Psychiatrists, Therapists and hospitals who provide
care to the children.
- May arrange appointments or receive orders for treatments when
nursing expertise is required to facilitate the process.
- Ongoing training with staff on medications and handling
- Provides other health-related education to staff and
- Maintains medication assistance records.
- Reviews all medical incident reports for shift.
- Documents all nursing interventions.
- Participates in multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Meets regularly with the Program Director and Psychiatrists as
- Attends appropriate treatment reviews related to health care
- Wears on-call pager for nursing questions.
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing required
- CPR - BLS
- Public Health Certificate and/or School Nurse
- Valid California Registered Nurse License
- TB test clearance, fingerprinting clearance, and any other
State/Federal licensing or certification requirements
- Excellent communication, organization and leadership
- Psychiatric Nursing experience a plus
- Monday through Friday
- Part - Time and/or Full - Time positions available
- Support Seneca schools located in Oakland, El Sobrante,
Brentwood, and San Leandro.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical,
dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, and partially paid
premiums for dependents
- 5 weeks of flexible Paid Time Off
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan
- Excellent training, scholarship opportunities, and ongoing
- Collaborative team environment!
Keywords: Seneca Center, Oakland , School Nurse (RN), Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!