Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
Mettler Toledo Rainin is currently hiring an assembler to join our manufacturing operations in Oakland, California. As an Assembler you will assemble plastic, metal, or electronic components to produce pipettes or other small laboratory instruments.
In this role, your responsibilities would include:
- Positioning parts precisely in preparation for assembly, following instructions provided both verbally and in writing.
- Pressing, screwing, clipping, bolting, cementing or fastening parts together.
- Working as a member of a group, putting parts together and placing them in a bin.
- Loading and unloading previously set up tools or machines to perform fastening, force fitting or light cutting operations at assembly benches.
- Checking components and assemblies for defects, performing rework and reporting problems as they arise.
- Rotating through different work stations as required.
- Always maintaining a safe, clean, and organized work area.
- Using personal protective equipment every shift including, a lab coat, goggles, a facemask, gloves, and hearing protection.
- Work is primarily performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
What You Need to Succeed
- Comfort with reading and interpreting safety rules, assembly instructions, bills of materials, and production schedules.
- The ability to write routine reports and speak effectively to fellow employees.
- Preferably, a high school diploma or GED.
- Preferably, minimum 1 year of mechanical assembly or electronic assembly experience
- Preferably, familiarity with Excel for data entry or FileMaker Pro
Our Offer to You
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching all starting on date of hire.
- Tuition reimbursement, educational matching gift program, parental leave benefits as well as perks and discounts.
- All the benefits you would expect from a global leader such as paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits.
- Global market strength and worldwide leadership in weighing.
- A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision, quality, and innovation.
- Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards.
- A commitment to extraordinary service on our state-of-the-art equipment.
About Mettler Toledo
Working at Mettler Toledo means you are impacting the world in important ways. Our precision measuring devices span the world's laboratories, production facilities, and retail stores. We design, manufacture and service instruments that detect, measure, and weigh - from the infinitely small to the largest of vehicles or airplanes. Working with us means food products are free of contaminants and substances are measured to the highest accuracy requirements for use across the largest manufacturing and pharmaceutical firms.
Mettler Toledo Rainin manufactures pipettes, one of the most basic tools used in every type of chemistry laboratory and many kinds of biological laboratories. Rainin's pipettes consistently rank among the top premium pipette brands in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification. If youd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click
Mettler Toledo endeavors to make www.mt.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at EEO@mt.com
For those who prioritize precision, Mettler Toledo is precisely where you belong.
Job Reference #