Interaction Designer, Senior
Company: Blue Shield of California
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Interaction Designer, Senior reports to the Sr. Manager of
- Design Process: Follows a rigorous design methodology. Learns
from more senior designers in better techniques and tools.
- Design: Solid knowledge of interaction design for responsive
web and native mobile. Has good understanding of patterns and
approaches. Produces high-quality user flows, flowcharts, diagrams
- Complexity: Leads medium to larger scale digital products and
may support Principal Interaction Designer in large scale and
- Prototyping: Has working knowledge of creating basic to
sophisticated prototypes with multiple user pathways. Can produce
multiple versions of rapid prototypes to quickly evaluate patterns.
Works closely with user research to find optimal experience.
- Evaluation of systems: Has solid knowledge of performing
heuristic evaluations of systems. Makes recommendations for
improving systems based upon leading solutions in marketplace.
- Software Development Life Cycle: Good understanding of software
development and versatile in working with developers, product,
marketing and IT to implement winning solutions.
- Agile/Scrum team participation: Serves as a dedicated member of
working Agile scrum team or as a shared resource depending on the
level of complexity for solution design.
- Accessibility: Basic knowledge of accessibility and designing
accessible patterns in web and mobile. Works with more senior
designers to define accessibility standards and ensures that design
choices and patterns are optimized for accessibility from
preliminary concepting through final design.
- Partnership: Establish excellent relationships with working
teams - IT, Product, Development, Marketing.
Knowledge and Experience
- Education: Requires college degree or equivalent
- Years of Experience: Minimum 5 years of prior relevant
- Results Leadership: Positively leads team to deliver good
results and create value.
- Personal Leadership: Effective communicator who builds trust,
embraces challenges and who is a lifelong learner.
- Thought Leadership: Develops creative solutions, enjoys
thinking outside the box, and strategic in approach.
- People Leadership: Models collaborative teamwork and builds
talent and team to meet future needs of digital.
- About Company: At Blue Shield of California we are parents,
leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we
come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all
Californians have access to high-quality health care at a
sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield
of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by
making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We
are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue
Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in
annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed
more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation
since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities.
Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California
with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and
San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has
received awards and recognition for - LGBT diversity, quality
improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay
Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the
world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California,
we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and
the communities we live in - Join us!
- Physical Requirements:
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule
in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from
home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
- EEO Footer: External hires must pass a background check/drug
screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction
records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent
with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to
the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regards to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any
other classification protected by Federal, State and local
- Requisition ID: 21001SK
- Posting Date: May 21, 2021
- Schedule: Full-time
Keywords: Blue Shield of California, Oakland , Interaction Designer, Senior, Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!