Senior Surgical Technician (Part-time Night shift in Oakland, CA)
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Under direct supervision, assists surgical team before, during,
and after surgery. Provides expert support, assistance and
maintenance of instruments and equipment.
- Specifically and regularly assigned to direct, check, review,
assign, organize, coordinate, train and reporting on the work of
one (1) or more other Surgical Technicians; or who have a least two
(2) years experience as a Surgical Technician plus the demonstrated
ability to perform, and under general supervision frequently do
perform, the most complex techniques and procedures of the
classification in accordance with the specifications set by the
- Coordinate configuration of equipment to provide ease of use.
Places equipment and supplies in operating room and arranges
instruments, according to instructions. Checks instruments and
equipment for sterility, cleanliness, and functionality prior to
the start of the case. Assist with set up and use of equipment
during procedures. Assist with allocation of equipment for
procedures on a daily basis.
- Assists team members to place and position patient on table.
Scrubs arms and hands and dons gown and gloves. Scrub procedures as
primary or secondary staff. Aids team to don gowns and gloves. Dons
personal protective equipment when required.
- Hands instruments and supplies to surgeon, holds retractors,
and performs other tasks as directed by surgeon and circulating
nurse during operation. Counts sponges, needles, and instruments
before and after operation per hospital policy. Puts dressings on
patient following surgery.
- Actively participates in meeting patient safety goals in
promoting quality and safe patient care.
- Cleans operating room and assists in room turnover.
- Washes and sterilizes equipment.
- Recommends to manager guidelines for use of equipment, purchase
of new/replacement equipment, additional parts and supplies.
- Assembles/complies case carts with supplies, instruments, and
equipment in preparation for the procedure.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job motivates and provides
work direction to other employees, but does not have the authority
to hire, fire or discipline.
- Minimum two years of current acute Operating Room
License, Certification, Registration
- Strong experience with minimally invasive, general, ENT, eyes,
plastics, orthopedics, vascular, open heart-thoracic, spine,
urology, GYN, podiatry, maxillofacial, and neuro surgery
- Surgical Technicians certified by the Association of Operating
Room Technicians, affiliated with the Association of Operating Room
Nurses shall qualify as Senior Surgical Technicians upon
presentation of their certificate.
- Must be willing to participate in training of RNs and other
disciplines in the scrub role.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents
of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Video, orthopedic and all other needed equipment to do the
above surgeries preferred.
- Certification in Surgical Technology preferred.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,Oakland Hospital Scheduled
Weekly Hours: 24 Shift: Night Workdays: Week 1: Sun, Thu, Fri; Week
2: Thu, Fri, Sat Working Hours Start: 11:00 PM Working Hours End:
07:30 AM Job Schedule: Part-time Job Type: Standard Employee
Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: A01|SEIU|United
Healthworkers Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: Oakland
Hospital - Operating Room-1 - 0201 Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is
an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and
state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but
not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Click here for additional requirements >
Share This Job
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Oakland , Senior Surgical Technician (Part-time Night shift in Oakland, CA), Other , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!